Disneyland Paris - Recommendations Please!

Hello

I remember seeing a thread on here a little while ago, with some really useful tips about where to stay in Disneyland Paris, but after running a search cannot seem to find it.

We're thinking about taking our daughter next Summer (she will be nearly 5) and would be grateful of any recommendations/places to avoid.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

we just got back two days ago after 4 nights in Seqouia Lodge (me and my o/h + 5.5 year old + 3.5 year old). The rooms themselves are not particularly special, but comfy, 2 double beds. We booked Golden Forest rooms - not because we wanted better rooms, but because you then get a separate breakfast room to the rest of the hotel, and we'd read it can get a bit mobbed otherwise -breakfast was good and a relatively calm affair given where you are :) Hotel is just 5 mins walk from Disney Village (be aware they bag check everyone so you may have to queue, but never took longer than 10 mins) and from there its another 5ish mins to both of the parks. There is a hotel right by the main park, but from what i recall it was more than twice the price.

we went half board and you can eat at almost all the rests - we went to chez remy (french and surprisingly good), cafe mickey (simple US fare, but guaranteed character appearances so a must) and blue lagoon (seafood, was ok). Make sure you reserve rests in advance. We also pre-booked lunch with the princesses in auberge de cendrillon - expensive, but good food and both kids over the moon to meet the princesses

Hope this helps!

I did some research into this last year, we didnt end up going yet because we're going to wait for the new Star Wars stuff to open next year. I did find out that there is a huge refurbishment programme going on ready for the 25 year anniversary of it all opening. Some hotels have been refurbished, some are going through it now and some won't be done till later this year. It sounded like the Newport Bay Club was a good hotel option - the refurb there is completely finished and it's only 5 minutes further from the park than the top tier hotels.