Does your child's primary school use email as a means of communication?

Can you communicate with your school via email? If so what is your anticipated response time to any urgent/non-urgent issue?

Do you get a response confirming receipt of original email or like me do you just cross your fingers and hope for a response one day...

My experience with secondary school is excellent. Primary, not so good. So are primary schools not facilitating this now normal everyday method of communication or is it that my current primary is reluctant.

When we email our school's office they don't acknowledge safe receipt but we know from experience the email will be read and acted upon. I have in the past sent emails to the office earmarked for the attention of the headmaster and got a response from him within 10mns -- very good.

We don't get teachers' email addresses. Only class reps get it.

Communication is often flagged as problematic by parents at my daughter's school, though the school is very good in other ways. There is no return receipt on emails, and they are not always answered. We don't have class reps, though parents have brought this point forward on more than one occasion. :-/