Beach holiday recommendations with 5 month old / travel time

Mark

Hi, can anyone suggest somewhere for a couple with a 5 month old to go away for 10 days this March or April? We have a window of opportunity between 18th March - 23rd April and would like to go somewhere warm and hassle free. Friends have recommended using Trailfinders, others to go to the Dominican Republic, others Majorca but if anyone has been to a, gulp, resort they would recommend please let me know.

I see there's a post about long haul flights with a 5 month old http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,1766319, with some top tips already. We've read that we should keep travel time to under 6 hours for a 10 day holiday, do you agree?

Hi, we've flown further for less time. i would say the main thing to to avoid loads of connections. if you want hassle free then i agree a resort is a good option.

we like thailand but you usually have to do a connecting flight for a resort so probably no good for keeping the hassle down!

We've been going to Tenerife since our son was 9 months old. It's a good balance of being far enough south you're guaranteed good weather but still a manageable flight time with a baby. We stay at Baobab Suites in Costa Adele, full cooking facilities in the suites as well as a couple of restaurants on site and room service. We also find having a separate bedroom and living area means you don't need to go to sleep when your baby does.

Go as far as you can with a baby that age as long flights are a real pain (though still doable) with older babies.

We have just been to Phuket with our 5 moth old and it was great. Fly direct and stay at the slate hotel which is 5 star 10 mins from the airport (though we never heard a plane)

Agree with others that travel with a 5 month old will be relatively straight forward. Mine have always slept at some point in a sling on a flight. Your window of opportunity will likely coincide with school holidays so prices will likely vary wildly. We've had a couple of great holidays to Dubai; jebel ali beach resorts and jumeirah zabeel saray were both excellent. The time difference flying east means you can keep the baby up with you and not suffer any effects of jet lag, west is harder going I found.Turtle beach in Barbados had good facilities and room setup with babysitting access, Cyprus might be worth a look too.Ritz Carlton abama might work but pricey these days.

It really depends on your priorities do you want childcare, good food, a room set up for the baby or living space for you, thinking about whether you will have started weaning yet would all influence my decision. Canaries might still be cool and pools might not be heated. We are off to princesa Yaiza suites in lanzarote at a similar time this year but have 3 children in tow now so have different needs. In terms of booking destinology have been useful for information and competitively priced too.