New Peckham Pulse Soft Play

Good point:

- More stuff for the children to play with.

Bad points:

- Situated in the foyer

- Can't see what the children are up to at the top levels

- Right next to the vending machines (filled with chocolate bars)

- It's bloody cold

- There's a hard slippery floor

- THERE IS NO PHYSICAL BARRIER TO STOP THE CHILDREN RUNNING OUT OF THE AREA

Yes I have fed this all back to Everyone Active. Just felt like a rant here. :)

We ended up there by accident as there were no barriers and we'd been swimming, after which the kids just ran in. I think it was before they were officially open because there was no-one supervising. I lost my 2 year old on the upper decks before I realised there were a load of 15 year olds rampaging around, even in the toddler area. I had to physically climb up the thing to find her as she was being pushed aside by the others. I had 2 other kids with me as well and it was terrifying. Even the other day we looked in and the toddler bit was full of older kids. Plus, as you say there is no way to see what is going on in the upper levels. I complained to reception at the time who I think sent someone over there but didn't seem too phased. I also wrote a formal complaint but have not heard back from them.

Just seems incredibly dangerous and poorly managed. Not to mention cold!

Rant over.

Went during the school holidays - chaos but went again last week after the schools had gone back and a bit better. They are now monitoring numbers going in -we couldn't get in the 9.30 session as already full up when we arrived - able to buy tickets for the next session and it was a little bit warmer. The session was being monitored by the man that normally looks after the soft play sessions and from what I gather from a brief conversation with him, they will be putting a barrier across so children can't escape, some table and chairs and an area to put shoes.

I do think the soft play is a better for older pre schoolers but the baby/toddler area is a bit small so maybe not the best place for under 2s.

I went to the Peckham Pulse soft play with my 18 month old today and it actually felt a bit dangerous for the little ones. It was totally packed and there were loads of older kids in the toddler area (which is small in comparison to the old one) so all a bit intense. We left after 20 mins and there were lots of other parents with smaller kids who were leaving and complaining to the staff there. A bit of a shame. I only went to the old soft play a few times, but it always felt a bit more relaxed for the little ones.

I also went today and found it chaos, in someways worse than gambardo's! Definitely not good for under 2's and both kids I took (aged 6) actually said they preferred it before. Be prepared to sit on the floor if you don't get one of few chairs.

And you're now meant to register any child online BEFOREHAND, the woman was kind enough to let us through today. Feel sorry for the lovely lady who has worked there for ages, can tell she was unhappy as well.

• 2 months later...

I also thought it was awful and not an improvement. Won't be bothering again. Area for small kids way too small and even more so compared to the space they had before.

Whole thing seemed smaller in size, how come they didn't just re vamp the existing space?

Love Albrighton but only a few sessions a week.