anyone been to Nimble Arts holiday club at Heber School?

Fjgb

I need to find some options for holiday clubs for my 4 yr old reception daughter. None of her school friends need to go to holiday camps so I'm looking for something where there are other kids that don't know anyone. She is quite shy. I was looking at Nimble Arts at Heber School. Has anyone sent their kids there? Would love to hear your experiences.

Hi,

I was worried about sending my son there just because he is sometimes nervous of new settings and he was 4 at the time, just started reception. He was fine and is looking forward to going back. They have an early years team there - its not just 'babysitters' and they separate by age group - so they cater really well for the younger ones in my experience.

He didnt know anyone the first couple of days (despite being at heber school!) and that didnt make too much of a difference.

The one thing I am doing differently this time is taking a bit of leave so that he doesn't do a full week - i didn't anticipate just how tired he would be at the end of term and he did need some downtime. So we are doing 2/5 days this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to add that my sons (5 and 8) went to Nimble Arts today for the first time and loved it. I was really impressed by the staff - the lady in charge rang me during the day to reassure me that my older son was really well settled and enjoying himself (he had acted uncharacteriscally shy at drop off) and overall I got the impression of a very well-run club.

The early years room in particular has a lovely chilled vibe. The older groups were all really happily playing with a huge variety of crafts and activities when I dropped off and despite it being pretty busy there were obviously loads of adults around, and they were very "on it". When I picked up the boys both were really happy and asked to go back next time they have holiday. Result! Oh and they both had made some fab things and the older one very proudly showed me a magic trick he had learned.