looking to interview new parents for an audio project

bawdy-nan

Hello

I'm working with The Centre for the History of the Emotions at QMUL on an audio project that will enhance and illuminate the work of the researchers there. I'm making a series of podcasts, some documentary style, some dramas, about emotions and health. It's part of a Wellcome Trust funded project, Living with Feeling https://projects.history.qmul.ac.uk/livingwithfeeling/.

These audio pieces will be issued as podcasts as well as being made available on a new website.

One of the first podcasts we're making is about the idea of "normal". Where this idea came from in a medical and social context and what it means now to people. There was an event at the Pathology Museum at Barts where there were all kinds of stalls and talks. The podcast will include recordings from that event as well as interviews with researchers.

I also want to include people talking about their own experiences and one of the areas that we're interested in is how parents, especially, new parents are encouraged to think about their baby's "normal" development. I remember, for example, when my two were very small, mapping their progress through the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and "What to Expect the First 12 months" books.

What I'd like to do is record some interviews with some people with young babies. I'd then include extracts from the interviews in the podcast. It would probably take about half and hour to an hour and I can do this at your home or can find somewhere local that 's quiet to record.

If you're interested and would like to take part, or would like to find out more, then please send me a private message.