Parents to fight cuts to local schools, find out how much your school will lose.

In response to the current DfE consultation on a new Funding Formula for schools, local parents have regrouped SPACE, as Southwark Parents Against Cuts in Education, we are part of a Southwark Fair Funding Campaign, which is an alliance between parents, schools, Southwark Council and our three local MPs. The consultation is open until March 22nd so we only have a few weeks to make it clear to the government that cutting money from London schools is unacceptable.

www.southwarkfairfunding.wordpress.com

Follow us @SPACE_FairFund

Follow us www.facebook.com/SPACEFairFunding/

Southwark schools will lose ?28,638,208 by 2019, which is an average of ?1,024 per pupil and is equivalent to 768 teacher posts.

This will have a devastating impact on our local schools. See the attached table of local schools.

Please visit www.southwarkfairfunding.wordpress.com to find out more and how to take action at your school.

Sign the Southwark Petition

https://www.change.org/p/secretary-of-state-for-education-rt-hon-justine-greening-mp-southwark-parents-against-cuts-to-education?recruiter=682599041&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

LOCAL SAMPLE OF CUTS TO SCHOOL BUDGETS ATTACHED (Analysis of formula via NUT/ATL)

Please DM if you would like to join a local steering committee and represent your school/PTA/Governing Body. A series of events are planned over the next few weeks, please check the website for more information as these are confirmed.

Check the level of cuts to other Southwark schools at www.schoolcuts.org.uk

Link with the national campaign at www.fairfundingforallschools.org

Are you aware of the Fair Funding for All Schools campaign?

Www.Fairfundingforallschools.org

You may already be linked but if not there is a national day of action on Saturday 25th Feb. Also check the Act Now section of this website which has links to the consultation ending on March 22nd and other ways to get involved.

There is a movement starting in Lewisham and parents from various schools are coming together this Saturday as part of the Fair Funding Campaign day of action which SPACE is also taking part in.

Here is a list of the Southwark demonstrations this Saturday with contact info:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Street stalls

Please join us at one of our street stalls this Saturday to fight the cuts. We?ll be collecting signatures for our petition against the school cuts.

Peckham Library Square, 11am-1pm, Johnson 07568 377445 RSVP here

Lordship Lane outside the Co-op, 11am-12 noon, Vikki 07867 782964 RSVP here

Outside The Tiger, Camberwell Green, 11am-1pm, Mark 07525 008028 RSVP here

Walworth Road outside Morrisons, 10.30am, Lincoln 07554 701533 RSVP here

The Blue Bermondsey, 12.30pm-1.30pm, Leo 07811 345935 RSVP here

We will also be leafleting fans at the Dulwich Hamlet FA Trophy Game. Meet at 2pm outside East Dulwich Station - Vikki 07867 782964 or Catherine 07951 377998

If you have any queries in advance [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a group of parents from Edmund Waller and hopefully a couple of other schools at Queens Road Peckham from 10-12pm this Saturday (If you want to join please just show up

AND

There are several demonstrations going on around Lewisham Shopping Centre/ Town Hall and Catford. If you are interested in joining any of these please let me know and I'll pass on your details.

There are also a few upcoming meetings which we can all share about whenever details come through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NB We are making progress in Lewisham and as you say SAFFRON it is our aim to get a cross Borough campaign going. We are all talking, just a question of linking up. At least if everything is done under the Fair Funding Campaign we stand a better chance of having a greater impact. If you want to drop me your email/ contacts SAFFRON I can add you to Lewisham Correspondence.

Firstly I'm not trying to be provocative here. I work in schools finance so I can see first hand the issues. I'm also a parent with kids at school and want the best for them. But it seems to me that while we can say that we want more funding for schools, where is the money coming from - are we also saying that we are willing to pay more taxes to fund it? I am but I don't know how many others are.

We can argue that money should come from the fat cats who don't pay what they should or from not funding nuclear weapons or a host of other arguments. But they will take a long time to resolve and a lot of political will that is subject to change. We want action now.

If we give the message that we are willing to pay e.g. 1% more in tax to fund schools properly, that's a much more powerful message that is harder to ignore if it comes across the country and from the different sections involved. Otherwise we're fighting against all the other sectors such as the NHS, prisons etc, etc who are also crying out for proper funding. And we're fighting other schools for a shrinking pot of money.

Parent Rallys Tickets from Eventbrite.

Rallys with local MPs for parents in Dulwich and West Norwood and Peckham and Camberwell.

Southwark Fair Funding for All Schools ? with Helen Hayes MP

Wednesday 8 March

7.30pm

Dulwich Hamlet Junior School, Dulwich Village, SE21 7AL

Speakers:

Helen Hayes MP,

Cllr Peter John, Leader of Southwark Council

Sonia Case, Executive Head Teacher, Dulwich Hamlet Junior School/The Belham Primary School

Claire Purcell, Head of School, Dulwich Hamlet Junior School

Russell Hobby, General Secretary, NAHT

Southwark Fair Funding for All Schools is holding a public forum for parents, teachers and head teachers to raise our concerns about the proposed cuts to schools? budgets. The event will be chaired by the 'Southwark Fair Funding for All Schools' parents, attended by Helen Hayes MP, the Leader of Southwark Council, Cllr Peter John, Russell Hobby, General Secretary of the NAHT and by Dulwich Hamlet Junior School/The Belham Primary School Executive Headteacher, Sonia Case and Dulwich Hamlet Junior School Head of School, Claire Purcell.

The event is free but please register in advance via [email protected] or https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/southwark-fair-funding-for-all-schools-with-helen-hayes-mp-tickets-32347775066

Southwark Fair Funding for All Schools - with Rt Hon Harriet Harman MP

Thursday 9 March

7pm

John Donne Primary School, Wood?s Road, SE15 2SW.

Speakers:

Rt Hon Harriet Harman MP,

Cllr Victoria Mills, Southwark Council's Cabinet Member for Children and Schools

John Donne Headteachers Simon Wattam and Nick Tildesley

Southwark Fair Funding for All Schools is holding a public forum for parents, teachers and head teachers calling for action to oppose the current government's cuts to the education budget. The event will be chaired by the 'Southwark Fair Funding for All Schools' parents, attended by Harriet Harman MP, the Council's Cabinet Member for Children and Schools, Cllr Victoria Mills and by John Donne Headteachers Simon Wattam and Nick Tildesley. We want to build a local coalition of parents, teachers and leaders against these devastating cuts. Calling all local parents, teachers, and heads to join the campaign!

The event is free but please register in advance via [email protected] or

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fair-funding-for-schools-in-southwark-tickets-32331038005

LATEST NEWS LOCAL PUBLIC MEETINGS NEXT WEEK - JOIN US TO FIGHT THE CUTS.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Southwark Fair Funding for All Schools

WEDNESDAY 8TH MARCH

7.30pm

Dulwich Hamlet Junior School, Dulwich Village, SE21 7AL

Book FREE tickets here.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/southwark-fair-funding-for-all-schools-with-helen-hayes-mp-tickets-32347775066?utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=order_confirmation_email&utm_term=eventname&ref=eemailordconf

Speakers:

Helen Hayes MP.

Cllr Peter John, Leader of Southwark Council.

Sonia Case, Executive Head Teacher, Dulwich Hamlet Junior School/The Belham Primary School. Claire Purcell, Head of School, Dulwich Hamlet Junior School.

Russell Hobby, General Secretary, NAHT.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Southwark Fair Funding for All Schools

THURSDAY 9TH MARCH

7pm

John Donne Primary School, Wood?s Road, SE15 2SW.

Book FREE tickets here.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/southwark-fair-funding-for-all-schools-with-harriet-harman-mp-tickets-32331038005?utm_campaign=order_confirmation_email&utm_medium=email&ref=eemailordconf&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventname

Speakers:

Rt Hon Harriet Harman MP.

Cllr Victoria Mills, Southwark Council's Cabinet Member for Children and Schools.

John Donne Headteachers Simon Wattam and Nick Tildesley.