'up and over' bedside cot /cosleeping tips

Convex

Hello

looking for bedside cot options to extend the bed as we have a newborn due in may and 2 older ones who still come in to us in the night occasionally. we've been reliant on co-sleeping to get through the early days so need to figure out how to make it work.

have found a 'troll' cot which has a side which slides up and over to the other side rather than dropping down.

has anyone had this style of cot and did it work for you asa bedside cot?

thanks

HI Convex, I have a troll crib, don't think that's quite the same thing tho as the side just goes straight down. It was very handy but there was always a bit of a gap between the bed and the crib so I tended to keep the side up when the baby was in there. (I had the same issue with a previous bedside cot) It was pretty easy to slide it up and down and slide the baby over/back, certainly easier than reaching over into a moses basket post c section. I have number 3 due in May too and will use it again, I think there are a few other options now, I saw one in mothercare the other day that was intended to go on the side of the bed.

I used the baby bay for no 2&3, for precisely the reason of having no1 & 2 still coming in. Worked out great. Wished I'd had it for no1! I didn't use a side in between me and baby, and there may have been a very small gap but I think I plugged it with a hand towel (think it was my bedthough). Good luck!

Hi - we have an 'up and over' Brio cot and it worked very well to push up against the bed when our little boy got too big for the snooz pod we had. Like the previous poster though, there was a slight gap in between the mattresses so I would stuff my pregnancy pillow in there sometimes. As long as the brakes are on the cot though, it shouldn't cause a problem. Co-sleeping saved me for sure - I felt so rough the nights I had to physically get out of bed to tend to our baby!