Nanny Share Advice Needed

Hi,

Looking for some advice on how to manage a nanny share! What have people's experience been? We currently have a lovely nanny working for us part time but would like to know what the going rate is for a share (net rather than gross as she isn't employed via an agency and isn't a qualified nanny).

Any advice much appreciated

Louise

tomskip, i think that was quite rude and judgemental in tone, did you mean it to come across like that?

there are lots of childcare solutions which don't involve qualifications, e.g. au pairs and babysitters.

louise, i wasn't sure what you were looking for advice on (and i haven't had a nanny so won't be helpful) but do you mean advice in how to look for a family to join your share?

We have had our nanny for a year and she has been fantastic. We took her on from a career change and she had previously babysat for us.

I wanted some advice on what an hourly rate might be in a share and how to sort out the practicalities such as who buys the meals, where the children should be based etc. We have been asked to share our nanny already but I wasn't sure how best to go about sorting out pay/holidays.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated as we don't plan to do this through an agency.

Louise

We did a nanny share with our first, unfortunately I can't remember what the hourly rare was, but it definitely made the nanny option affordable for us. We used to share the hosting, so one week at our house, next week at the other families. For the week we were hosting we would buy all the food the nanny would need. We also bought a second hand double buggy for her to use - again we shared the cost of this. It worked really well for us, but does depend on finding the right family to share with. We also used a payroll agency as was too complicated us to do on our own!

• 1 month later...

Most nannies in ED will expect between ?12 - ?15 an hour net based on 2 children sharing (more for additional kids). This is net you pay to them each week, then you pay taxes on top. So your half would be ?6 an hour at the lower end, plus taxes would bring it up to about ?8.50 an hour in total. It's an expensive option, even sharing, but has worked very well for us.

25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays) is also standard.