Finding local baby and toddler classes

mooncake

Hello Mums & Dads,

A while back, I posted on the ED forum looking for advice on how to set up a website - I knew next to nothing about tech or the internet. (Original post here - see how confused I was: https://bitly.com/)

That was two years ago!!

Since then, I had a baby, went to coding school, and built a thing from scratch. With a server, bespoke database and everything!

The aim of the site is to help parents find something to do with their babies as fast as possible. The main features include:-

* browse results by map

* see timetable by venue

* view a provider's timetables and see a map of their closest locations to you

* filters tailored specifically for babies & toddlers

* embedded newsfeed from each provider

On it's way:

* free text search for venue / class provider

* whatever else you can think of to make it better than Hoop.

I've just published the beta version online and would really really appreciate some help with testing it out and with any suggested listings / edits to make it more accurate and complete. Here is the link:

https://www.happity.co.uk

I now work with a small merry band of 'stay at home' mums (and a dad) with the ambition of proving there is an alternative to the 9 to 5 (plus the hour commute each way and a nursery dash). Just because we want to work flexibly, shouldn't mean we can't do meaningful work. Not in the 21st Century.

I really hope there are some other mums out there who will see this and know that if they are interested in coding, they can learn and they can do it - it is never too late to learn, and it's so important to increase diversity in this field. (Plus, it's the best thing ever!) Drop me a line if you like, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Thanks. :)

[email protected]