Trampoline danger

I don't have one but my sister does. My 3yo went out with her 2yo earlier. I didn't realise his 10yo cousin had gone out too. My little fella now has his leg in a cast and has been writhing in agony with pain. They don't give crutches to 3yo so he is stuck stationary until his leg heals. I also have a 16 mo. I didn't know about this....http://roentgenrayreader.blogspot.ie/2012/01/trampoline-fracture-of-proximal-tibia.html?m=1 basically it says weight differential on a trampoline can exert a force enough to cause a fracture. This happened to my little fella. He has cried so much, and is the most gentle child ever. We don't have a trampoline over safety concerns, so please be careful. I'm feeling like I failed him as I didn't spot his big cousin heading out. It's not the end of the world but an easily avoidable amount of pain if the big kids know about how easy it is to break the little kids legs...

So the actual act of an older child jumping can cause the fabric to jolt so much it can cause a fracture? He was probably bouncing at the same time and the two were out of sync.

Poor little chap.

Don't beat yourself up - I doubt many people would have known this.

They say hindsight is 20/20 for a reason!

It's certainly important and one activity kids like is the trampoline parks - there's one where my girls go.

Thanks for the warning - and sorry it was a lesson learned the hard way :-(

Happened to my then 8 year old, he was jumping with a trained doctor...

Poor sod had his leg in a cast for four weeks.

Lesson learned, heavier weight creates forces that are stronger than young bones

I hope your little one gets better very soon