Mother Goose Greendale Nursery

Does anyone have any recent feedback on this nursery please. We have been offered a place for my 11 month old daughter. The outside space is brilliant, particularly for the toddlers and preschoolers but not quite sure what the baby room and staff are like. Also, there is a new manager who has just arrived so it's difficult to know how things might change under her influence.

Any advice welcome.

Thank you

Belle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marie,

I had some good feedback from a couple of people on the East Dulwich Mums Facebook page. One lady said that her child initially started in the baby room and has always been happy there and staff are generally good. Another person said their friend's child was doing well there.

Some more feedback would be gratefully received though.

Thanks,

Belle

My son went there from when he was 2 and has just left as we moved out of London. It is a lovely nursery, very low staff turnover and amazing outdoor space. My son has ASD and thrived there, they really did go to great lengths to support him there.

This nursery is what I felt most emotional about as we left london last week!

My son went there from 8months to 26 months and did really well. As with anywhere we felt some staff were better than others. We really liked the outdoor space and the fact they have outside time everyday. No experience of the new manager but we have our name down for a place when our second arrives.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

We are thinking of applying to Mother Goose Greendale. We have a few other options, too.

Does anyone have any recent feedback? Maybe some of the parents in the above thread, whose kids started nursery in the last year? The outside space looks really nice. Are the kids stimulated and happy in other ways - e.g. activities, art, numbers, phonics? Has the new manager made a good impression? Any thoughts or pms much appreciated!

I have friends who's children are still there and they prefer this manager and feel the environment has improved with the change in leadership. The main reason we moved my son was to get him into Bessemer as that is where he will hopefully go to school. My daughter is currently on the waiting list for Mother Goose. My son really thrived there.

One of the most important things to look out for in a nursery is if there is a high staff turnover!

If there is then it's a no-no for me!

The kids will constantly have to get used to new staff, which I believe is not beneficial for them.

I also feel that means the staff are not well looked after or do not feel appreciated..... If that were the case how would they look after the children in their care???

Would the staff really put their all into it.....

We decided to send our daughter to Greendale in the end. She started at 11 months and is now 20 months. She didn?t settle well in the baby room to be honest, partly because a great member of staff left to go travelling, but mainly due to her personality as she always wanted to run before she could walk. They soon realised that and moved her to toddlers room early and since then she has been in her absolute element! The toddler room lead is brilliant and so good with the kids. Lots of great activities. There is a core of staff in the nursery that have been there for many years, which is really nice. I like the new manager, she seems to muck in and is good with the kids, there?s no hierarchy. She has always dealt with any concerns or queries quickly and effectively. The outdoor space is fab and they really make the most of it. They organise regular events for parents and kids. They also use an app that you can log into where they post photos/videos/reports about your child?s developmental progress. The nursery is nice and close to Denmark Hill station, which is an added bonus for our commute into London. I?m definitely pleased we went with this nursery in the end. I hope that helps. Belle.

My daughter also attends Greendale Mother Goose. She is very happy there and I second how great the outdoor facilities are. They're outside everyday which is great. The nursery has a lovely feel to it a day bo us is the food, it's cooked on site and the menu is interesting. They celebrate festivals and often invite parents in as The Dellows say, e.g. they invited parents in for Chinese food to celebrate Chinese New Year on Friday. I looked at a LOT of nurseries before my little girl started there and it's the best around.