Forest schools / nature clubs for kids

Nature Play - SE London, run a session on Thursday mornings in Sydenham Hill Woods. If you join the group, you'll get an invite on Wednesday morning, to the event the next day. There are only 15 spaces available for parents and their child(ren), so keep an eye out.

The Centre for Wildlife Gardening is a lovely place to visit. They did have Saturday sessions running throughout the winter - up until the end of March. I'm unsure as to whether or not they're going to be reinstated.

Nature Play in Sydenham woods is great, but you have to join the Facebook group and watch out for the invitation. The places book up very quickly, sometimes within minutes in the summer.

There is an after school session running at the nature garden at Bessemer Grange school from 3:45pm-5pm on Tuesdays starting this week. The first session is a taster session and I think it is a drop in.

There is also a Forest School close to Streatham Common/The Rookery on Mondays from 1030. The location occasionally changes so you need to check the Facebook group Natural Childhood.

Muddy Boots at Devonshire Road is on Mondays and Fridays I believe.

There also used to be a forest school at Mayow Park but I'm not sure if this is still running.

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That is clearly not true. I see car drivers breaking the law on an hourly basis - jumping red lights, speeding, not obeying the general rules. Plus they are operating considerably more dangerous machinery and should have a greater responsibility of care to other road uses. You can see who causes the most harm by the stats. 
    • Looking for a suit for an 11 year old. Quite specific, white with black thin stripes.  Trying to replicate Michael Jacksons smooth criminal costume.  A blue linen shirt and white tie.    Thank you !!!!!!!
    • A quick Google found this, amongst other things: "Social impact models are frameworks or approaches that guide how organizations or initiatives address social or environmental problems."
    • "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it must be a duck" comes to mind Unfortunately, a large number of cyclists do exhibit selfish amd anti social behaviour which, regardless of how many good cyclists there are, is seen as the norm.  It's a bit like one car driver jumping a red light and all car drivers getting tarred by the same brush. Perception is the issue and if cyclists all obeyed the rules, everyone would be less anti them but unfortunately that isn't the case 🤔
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In