Holidays in Norway

indya

Norway is an incredible country. I had the good fortune to travel there for work before kids and we stayed a few days in Oslo, then flew to Stavanger and did a trip down the fjords. One of the most amazing experiences of my life. The fjords are incredible and I want to go back one day and take my OH and kids. It is expensive there but so is all of Scandinavia.

Hi - I lived in Norway for many years and the expensive image it has really only applies if you smoke and drink heavily :)) It's one of THE most amazing child friendly places and people there are incredible. Bergen is stunning and you can get direct flights from Gatwick for a great price. Trondheim and Stavanger also highly recommended. Once there, the train system is the best and cheapest way to travel. You can get standby on internal flights too and seat are regularly available. It's the cosiest most wonderful place. Go! X

I've spent a lot of time in Tromso in the last 4/5 years and most recently travelled there with my then 7 year old and 5 year old - happy to tell you about it if you have any questions. We had a wonderful time although that was a winter trip so v different experience to summer (which I would also love to do - beautiful place). PM me if there's anything you'd like to know.