PeckhamParent launched and buggy friendly SE stations

megmj

Hi all,

The alumni of Summer babies 2016 have set up a blog and Twitter account called PeckhamParent. It is there to provide genuine, funny and useful advice to new parents in the South East London area. We are now a 69 strong group of mamas (and some dads!) on whatsapp who have all found so much support and helpful advice on the group that we wanted to get that information out to the masses, especially those expecting babies this year.

https://peckhamparent.tumblr.com/

@PeckhamParent on Twitter

The most recent post is on buggy friendly stations nearby. There are a few clear winners and some definite losers!

We want the blog to be as helpful and collaborative as possible so if you have anything you want to share please do let me know via PM.

And any comments just let us know!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I have just popped my head over to your Tumblr page and I am really sad to see my classes described thus:

Sing and Sign: This one split opinion. Some think it is good but others say it is expensive for someone singing to a recording.

Could I place on record that the only time I HAVE sung to a recording was in the January 2016 term when I had laryngitis for 8 weeks? The greater part of my classes are sung a cappella, with the remainder of the songs sung to an accompaniment.

Thank you!

Trish Cummings

Sing and Sign Southwark

As a previous sing and sign parent, I'd like to add that I took both my children to sing and sign with Trish for several terms, several years apart, and there was definitely no singing to a recording! By far my favourite of all the local baby classes (Bea's baby bop a very close second!).

• 2 weeks later...