Experiences of Jessop or Bessemer nursery classes for 3 year old?

We have found Bessemer Grange to be brilliant for our children so far, we had one in nursery last year who is now in reception and another one this year. A kind, nurturing, stimulating and gentle approach to developing both of the boys with their own unique attributes fully recognised and supported. We transitioned them both into Bessemer at age 3 for the year before reception from a private nursery. The aim by the end of nursery is for them to be reception ready, gentle structure like short amounts of carpet time, support with phonic knowledge, weekly reading, writing name via mark making and the golden rules of behaviour standards I thin make reception flow very natural for them. Bessemer has amazing outside space shared between nursery and reception and the lovely nature garden too. Really would highly recommend it.

I would highly recommend Bessemer nursery and school. We have 2 kids in school and twins who are just coming to the end of their pre-school year. They both absolutely love it and I feel they are very much ready for reception despite being July babies. There are 2 nursery classes, we have one in each, and both teachers are fantastic.

I don't know how Jessop's compares, but other advantages of Bessemer are the outdoor space which is much greater than any other local primaries I have visited, and the option to top up to full days plus add breakfast and after school club.

My daughter is very happy at the Bessemer nursery. And we are happy parents. She's made a lot of friends. They try to prepare the children for reception while having fun. Since they have a free flow space and share a playground with reception classes, I'm hoping the transition to reception will be smooth.

The nursery is a traditional 15 hours morning or afternoon but you can pay to top up. However if you'll need extra sessions, you may want to check on availability if she's not already registered. I've found the staff to be caring, good natured and professional. I cant think of anything else to write, aside from I'd recommend it to anyone.

If you have any specific questions, pls feel free to pm me.

Another thumbs up for Bessemer. I have a daughter who transitioned from nursery to Reception and is now yr1. She benefited hugely from their excellent teaching and prep, did lots of interesting nursery activities and again praise for the outdoor space and freeflow. I have a son in nursery at the moment on his 2nd academic term as he is a sep baby

he has had a very nurturing and stimulating time their and they have great resources (inc balance bikes) and have had interesting trips and workshops.

Any experiences of Jessop to share? Am guessing this is more about geography than anything else as Bessemer is more east dulwich side. But be great to hear from any Jessop nursery parents out there... thanks again.

Having experienced both school I can say either way is good for the nursery provision. Sadly Jessop has a big staff turn over so can't say anything about the current team but my son was very happy there.He was very well prepared for reception and had a very warm,friendly team that always put children well being as priority. They always made sure children could enjoy what they like most.

If you ask for primary school place,hands up for Bessemer- outstanding school on every levels.

Good luck with your choice.

AEDavies Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks everyone for the feedback, really

> appreciated. I think we find out fairly soon from

> Bessemer about nursery places but not heard

> anything yet...

Our son is at Little Stars - the room before "nursery" at Bessemer. We are also waiting to hear about nursery places. I think they hope to get back to parents by the end of the month if not before.

I can't comment on the nursery but our son moved to Little stars from a private nursery in October and absolutely loves it and I agree the outside space they have access to is fantastic. All staff I have encountered so far have been lovely.