Great Nursery near Gipsy Hill, East Dulwich, Dulwich or close-by?

Hi,

We are looking for a recommended nursery in the areas above, or as close as possible. Recommendations for good nuseries much appreciated! It is for our 1 year old girl, for 1 full day, or two half days per week.

Thanks,

T23

Thanks, Buds looks good but will have to be one to wait for as they only accept children from two years old.

I've read some reports about the Cherry Tree and Gumboots, has anyone had recent experience of these? Or others?

Definitely try Magic Moments if you can be flexi on timings - lots of recommendations for them on here.

I heard of Mother Goose Upland doing one day recently (and would definitely recommend) so they might be worth a shot, although I think this was with a view to increasing later in the year.

A lot of nurseries seem to be a bit less busy on Fridays so you might find they can be more accommodating if you're able to be flexible with your days according to their availability.

Good luck!

You could try Clive Hall, on Clive Road, its a 5-10 min walk from Gypsy Hill. We really liked it there when my two went there and I know they have spaces at the moment as a friend of mine phoned them recently looking for a space.

• 1 month later...
My little one is at Gumboots. It's graded "outstanding " by Ofted but I am not too happy at the moment. Way too many kids and teachers are not so attentive (apart from a couple of good ones). My little one had a series of accidents while playing lately and had the impression children are left to themselves while in th e garden. I am now looking elsewhere. Any recommendation on a good nursery in the upper part of East Dulwich, towards Dulwich Library, would be greatly appreciated.

I have two children at Gumboots and am really happy with it. The garden especially is a fantastic facility and has lots of equipment. There have been a few temporary staff recently after some departures but there have been several new appointees and things seem to be settling down again. The baby room has a really nice atmosphere - several of the staff have been there for years and it's very caring. I'm pretty sure Gumboots don't do half days.