Probiotic/multivitamin recommended for 3yr old?

omagem

My almost 3yr old is a bit of a picky eater and is suffering with repeated bouts of tonsilitis and mouth ulcers so I'd like to give his system a boost with some form of probiotic/multivitamin but not really sure where to start. There are so many on the market! Can anyone recommend anything. Maybe some drops or something that can go straight into his mouth as he definitely won't eat a chewable multivitamin and would probably spit out anything I mix with milk/squash. Thanks!

We've had prebiotics and probiotics from Holland & Barrett that you simply mix with food, no real flavour.

Regarding the ulcers, what toothpaste are you using? Most toothpastes (even the "natural" ones) have sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). This is a surfactant that makes toothpaste foamy. It's also an irritant for some people. It can cause ulcers, or worsen existing ulcers.

Sensodyne Pro-Namel for children does not have SLS. It's listed for use 6-12 years, but our dentist said for under 6yo just use a tiny smear of toothpaste. This made a huge difference for my daughter. Worth a try. xx

Thank you for the advice everyone, much appreciated!

Saffron - we use the aquafresh milk teeth for age 0-2, thanks for the tip. I hadn't even considered that. We've got a dentist check up in just over a wks time so I'll see what they suggest too.

Pugwash - I'm so pleased your granddaughter had a successful tonsillectomy that's great to hear it's done wonders for her eating. I'm sure it'd make a real difference to my son too as part of his eating problems are around anxiety that the food is 'too big' to swallow.

The spray is sounding like a good option for us, think I'll try that first.

Thanks again!

• 2 years later...