Travelling to Charter ED

jerryc

Hi,

Our son is loving his new school but the journey is a bit tricky. He has been going from a stop near ED station and there is another boy at our bus stop but we would ideally like him to be travelling in a bit of a pack as the school is fairly far away.

Are there any bus stops along lordship lane with a lot of ED Charter kids? Are any groups meeting at a particular time?

Or are there any other local kids in the same position?

Advice appreciated!

Hi Jerryc

My son is also loving Charter ED :-) Did you get the email about Yr 8 transport buddies? There were a variety of bus stops and times to link up and travel together but I'm not sure if it was just for the first week.

No mini bus service this year as far as I know.

My son takes the 12 or 343 bus. We live near Barry Road, so easy for him to catch the 12. He only really takes the 343 if friends are.

What about taking the 484 from ED station (or walk?) to East Dulwich Road/Peckham Rye junction then walk left around the corner to catch the 343 or 12. Plenty of Charter ED students on those busses there and back. Some students take the 176 to Camberwell Green and walk from there but it's a slightly longer walk than from the 12 bus stop on Peckham Road.

I know someone who has a girl at the school in Yr 8 and they live on the Dog Kennel Hill estate. I will check what route she takes.

I hope you find a route you're all comfortable with!