Injury to a child in Sunray Gardens

To any parents of children who use Sunray Gardens:

Recently my grandson was injured by the gate in Sunray Gardens. Please be careful when you leave the park, as we gather that other children have sustained similar injuries, and Southwark Council have not repaired the gate, despite being told.

We are looking into taking the Council to court, and we would be interested to hear about any children who have sustained similar injuries - these may depend on the height of your child.

Thanks Katy

• 4 weeks later...
My friend?s daughter was injured by that gate a few months ago and had to go to Kings for stitches. She has a scar from it on her forehead. If you PM me your email address I?ll forward it to her and see if she wants to get in touch. I?ve recently padded the worst bit of the gate with foam and gaffer tape to hopefully prevent another small child having their head sliced open by it. She complained to the council at the time but had no response.

The one I?m thinking of is the one into the fenced off green area opposite the playground. Kids run from the playground to the green, the first one swings open the gate and then it rebounds really hard at 5yo head height into the second kid running through. It?s horrible and a few of us have complained and had no response. I?ve padded the worst bit that slicks out like a weapon but it?s still dangerous.

Good idea to try James Barber, it?s not his patch but he might be able to alert the person who does cover it.