Local youth clubs?

2bedneeded

I?m just wondering if there are any lock youth clubs for a 10 year old? I?ve been looking and can?t seem to find one. I?m guessing there might not be much funding for this type of thing anymore. But as you can?t just let your children out to play alone in london surely there must be something? I know there?s lots of clubs you can join for different hobbies but what if you just want to hang out and make friends?

I have been wondering about this recently too. When I was a kid I would go to a cool (but slightly scary) youth club then from the age of about 12/13 there were regular roller discos in the local sports centre which were the highlight of my social life for years. Can't think of an equivalent in London, which is ridiculous really. My daughter goes to Guides but if anyone knows of a more social equivalent for 12/13-year-olds, I'd be interested to know of it. Something regular rather than just a one-off, ideally.

I have been looking for something like this for nearly 4 years, the only thing I have found is Dog Kennel Hill Adventure Playground, and Peckham Rye Adventure Playground, although I am not sure of the open hours for either.

http://www.dkhap.org.uk/about-us.php

I had an idea of trying to set something up, so if anyone is interested and has a venue let me know!!

Thanks so much for mentioning Dog Kennel Hill Adventure Playground.

We are an open access adventure playground for children ages 5-15. open after school every day.

What we offer:

-Football

-Basketball

-Pool

-Table Tennis

-Climbing Structures

-Wall Climbing

-Swings

-Gardening

-Music Workshops

-Arts and Crafts

-XBox360

-Internet Access

-T-Shirt Making

-Sewing

-Baking Class's

-Clay Work

About Us

The Dog Kennel Hill Adventure Playground has been established since the early 1970's and is a free open access adventure playground for children and young people between the ages of 5-16.

For over 40 years dkhap has given children and young people the opportunity to play freely and take risk in a safe and stimulating environment with qualified staff on hand to supervise.

The playground is based in East Dulwich South London and is run independently by a management committee made up of local people.

The playground receives its core funding from Southwark Council (Children's Services) and also relies financially on its own fundraising events, applying for grants and donations.

We believe that all children have the right to play irrespective of their race, culture, ability or gender and through the many facets of play, all children can achieve there full potential.

Our desire is to continue to offer this high level of service to our community so please visit us after school or during holiday periods.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I am still looking for fun activities for my 10 year old daughter any ideas?

I have just found a creative writing course and thinking of maybe a cooking class or maybe dance or something like taekwondo? Preferably something on a Saturday

• 11 months later...

Heey,

If you're still looking, I run cooking classes for both adults and kids in East Dulwich on weekends. Classes are ran just by Dulwich library, Barry Road. Let me know of you want more info.

Best,

Yasin