Summer babies group 2018 (due June/July August)

carebear

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm due mid June with my first. I moved to the area earlier this year and would really love to meet other mums/mums-to-be as I am a little worried about feeling isolated and lonely during maternity leave as I am the first of my group of friends to be having a baby. Family is not close enough to just 'pop' round either.

Can anyone recommend local activities or classes other than the usual NCT? I am early thirties.

Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well!

Hello Holwil86 - welcome to ED and congratulations!

ED is a GREAT place to have maternity leave - I am sure Andypops will agree. I have made some really good friends from a previous EDF group and hope to make some more through this group.

Shall we start up a whatsapp and facebook group now there are 3 of us? If people PM with their mobile numbers me we can add people who want to join, when they find this thread.

I recommend this class http://bumpandbabyclub.com/antenatal-classes/east-dulwich/

Book soon though.

Its also significantly cheaper than the NCT classes and covers a lot more. I found NCT focused far more on just the birth and not the after bits - like keeping the tiny human alive!

Catherine x

Hey Holwil86! I agree with Catherine, ED is the best place for mum friends and activities...there is so much going on and so many groups you will never struggle for someone to hang around with (and for solidarity when up at 3am). I moved here when i was 7 months pregnant with my first (who is now 22 months) and some of my best mates are people from my first mat leave - lots of classes, walking around the parks, coffees, wine, mom and baby exercise - whatever you?re into, its there. You will love it.

I think whatsapp and fb is a great idea. Will PM you my no. for the whatsapp...shall i set fb up and send you all the link?

I also agree on the NCT. Its not bad if you want to make a few local friends due around the same time (im still in touch with mine), however it is largely focused on birth and not the important stuff after.

Andrea x

The more the merrier! PM me your mobiles and I will add.

I am with the home birth team - they are lovely. I may not get a home birth due to my stupid blood pressure but they will still stay my midwives. Plus even if you are well enough to have a homebirth you can always change your mind and opt for a hospital birth, even in the thick of it.

x

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there - super late to this, hadn't thought to check the forum for other mums to be! I'm due at the end of June and would love to meet some others in the area, first baby, definitely want to make some friends! Would I be able to join in/say hi?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, new to the group - due my 2nd in August. Will pm my details! Got a lot of friends first time round with winter babies 16/17 so hoping for the same this time :) we are near to forest hill now but back and forth to ed lots. Look forward to meeting you

Hi,

I'm due 4th July :-)

It's my first so would like to join the group .

Also I wondered if anyone else was at kings for antenatal care/midwife and what your experience is so far.. I'm currently at Croydon hospital and want to change.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...