Cricket coaching for 3 and 4 year olds anywhere?

sidmeister

My daughter is nearly 4 now, and is beginning to express an interest in cricket, which I?m actively encouraging (a love of cricket runs in my family, and I?m hoping I can pass it down one more generation).

I have been trying to find cricket coaching for little ones, but the ones I could find at Lord?s and the Oval all appear to only be available on weekday mornings which I cannot do. Are there any cricket clubs in the Dulwich area that run organised coaching for kids this small?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Great to hear she's interested in cricket.

There are several cricket clubs in the Dulwich area that provide cricket for kids - the most local to Dulwich being Streatham & Marlborough Cricket Club (where I help run junior cricket at), Dulwich Cricket Club and Alleyn Cricket Club.

At Streatham & Marlborough (despite the name, based between East Dulwich and Forest Hill) we currently take kids from school year 1. We are thinking about running something for kids in Reception, but we don't have that set up just yet.

There is a club search feature on the ECB's website here: https://www.ecb.co.uk/play/junior

Please note that although the ECB site says that for kids under 9 to search in the All Stars section, there are in fact a lot of clubs in this area (such as Streatham & Marlborough) that already provided cricket for under 9s that is not branded as All Stars, so it's worth searching for all local clubs and taking a look at their websites to see what they provide.

If you'd like to find out more about cricket at Streatham & Marlborough, our website is here: https://sites.google.com/view/smccjuniors/smcc-juniors

Or you can email me at [email protected]