French parents and babies!

BillyGNB

Hello,

I am looking for any French parents locally who would like to do playdates in French or else know of any French baby activities.

I am English and my husband is French, and we have a 9 month old son. I speak to my son in English and my husband speaks to him in French. When we are together as a family, we all speak French (I am fluent albeit with a strong English accent and grammatical errors!) However I am quite conscious that during the day, my son hears only English conversations when I take him out and about. It would be lovely if there are any other French (or half French babies like him) that he could also hear the to and fro of conversations happening in French during the day.

If there are a few French and French speaking mothers and babies it would be great to have a regular meet up each week for play and conversation, perhaps rotating houses.

Get in touch if you are interested or in a similar bilingual situation!

Bonsoir!

I run French language story & singing sessions in the area for ages five and under and their parent/carer.

We have class on Mondays at 11:30 am at Punk Me Up (Dulwich/Peckham), Thursdays at 10:15 am at effraspace (Herne Hill/Brixton) and Fridays 10:30 am at John Harvard Library (Borough/Bermondsey).

You can find more information at www.lespetitstigres.com

Merci,

Jackie

Hello

Just to piggy back on this conversation, I have a seven month old daughter who we are looking to bring up bilingual in French and English. I am English and my husband is French, but unfortunately I don't speak French (I'm learning very slowly!) and as I'm the primary carer I fear my daughter's progress is going to be rather slow. Does anyone have recommendations for a good French baby sitter who could look after and speak to my daughter for a couple of hours a week?

Many thanks

(and will check out les petits tigres!)

• 2 weeks later...

LucyBrantly Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello

>

> Just to piggy back on this conversation, I have a

> seven month old daughter who we are looking to

> bring up bilingual in French and English. I am

> English and my husband is French, but

> unfortunately I don't speak French (I'm learning

> very slowly!) and as I'm the primary carer I fear

> my daughter's progress is going to be rather slow.

> Does anyone have recommendations for a good

> French baby sitter who could look after and speak

> to my daughter for a couple of hours a week?

>

> Many thanks

>

> (and will check out les petits tigres!)

Hi Lucy!

I'm a French native teacher and I occasionally babysit here and around and I would be happy to take care of your daughter few hours a week.

I have a DBS and about 6years experience in teaching children.

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Laureen.