Summer Holiday in Greece

EP212

Hi all,

I hope you might be able to help me with your recommendations and experiences of Greece. We are planning to go to Greece this summer but don't know exactly where to go? Which parts do you recommend? I really don't like places that are heaving with tourists. Just a quiet island with a beach or a cove with nice restaurants and bars.. We've never been before so I don't know where to start. Any recommendations or input really welcome.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Greece is becoming popular again. I run a retreat out on the beautiful island of Kefalonia. I?m not pushing the retreat, but you are welcome. However the island is stunningly beautiful with many secluded beaches, green mountains, delightful people, Turtles & plenty of sunshine. It?s not too busy & the best beaches are on the southern part of the island. We are above a small beach 3 Kms down a farm track with our friends who run a delightful taverna with sublime sunsets & simple food & wine. It only takes 3 1/2 hours from Gatwick

Plenty of places to rent a boat or take a tour round the island

Good luck

Nigel

Thanks for this Midivydale. I have been looking into Paxos and it seems so beautiful. I will look into Kefalonia. Is it touristy? I really hate large crowds of people or too touristy beaches. I liked paxos because it seems rather quiet there. My daughter is 8 and likes swimming and reading so thought of booking a villa. Where did you stay in Kefalonia?

Maybe you could pm me. Many thanks.

Also Nigel, Will you be able to pm me more info? Thanks for getting in touch.

: )