Nurseries: Queen's Road Peckham

Hello, we're planning to move from North London to a street close to the Queen's Road Peckham overground station in the next few months. I've started to research local nurseries for our very active two-year old and visited a few today. We'd really like somewhere full-time with a decent-sized outdoor area. I saw a few places today around Nunhead and Brimmington Park that didn't have much in the way of outdoor provision and I'm wondering if that's typical of the area as a whole? I also registered with Little Jungle but received an automated message saying that they have a two-year waiting list. Any advice at all would be very gratefully received!

May be worth having a look at Mother Goose Greendale - I?m not sure if it might be a bit far for you but given that you mentioned Little Jungle I thought it might be worth a thought. No idea about their waiting list either but their outside space is apparently brilliant so worth an ask!

Thanks so much, carebear! I didn't know of it, so definitely worth a visit. I was looking at other places around Peckham Rye, too, which wouldn't be first choice location-wise but may be worth a bit of an extra journey... Might anyone know the Villa? It turned up on Google, too.

Hi I?m based near QRP station too and recently done this for my

Two year old!

Mother goose

Peckham rye day nursery is amazing

Goslings (good feedback from friends)

Banana moon (wasn?t that impressed with that one to be honest)

Stepping stones if you want Montessori

The villa is incredible but you will also need to sign up from birth

Good luck!

If you go on the Southwark website there is a full list of all registered childminders and nurseries so you won't have to rely on googling to find all of them.

If you're looking at the Villa you might also consider Sunshine Fruits on Havil Street. I appreciate it's low on outside space but they take the children out every day to either Brunswick Park or Lucas Gardens (which are a stone's throw away). It's a Montessori nursery which may or may not be up your street, but I love the fact the nursery is so light, airy, spacious and clean!

We live in the area and our two year old has been at 1st place nursery - Chumleigh Gardens in Burgess Park for over a year. My son is thriving and I?d gladly recommend it having visited most of the nurseries in the area. They follow Reggio Emilia principles, use reusable nappies and the outside walled garden is lovely and peaceful. The staff are all lovely and attentive and relative to the other nurseries we considered the fees are reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

My kids go to the Montessori and I just wanted to add a voice of reassurance re outside space, which I?m sure applies to other nurseries too - the kids get lots of outside time with activities set up eg balancing beams, ride on toys, organised games, free flow stuff, sand and water tables etc plus they got to the parks a lot.

There?s also a new nursery at the bottom of Erlanger road which is supposed to be lovely, I think it?s called cheeky monkeys or similar