Primary waiting lists

Hello. I very much appreciate this is a nice problem to have but we thought we would be out of catchment for all local primary schools and it turns out we got our first choice. Due to the catchment issue, we visited so many schools and as we both work and it was hard to keep taking half days off, we split up the viewings between me and my husband. My husband hasn?t therefore seen the school we have been accepted at and we are now thinking that we should have put our second choice first (only he saw that one). Our daughter (who is still only three) has changed so much these past months since we submitted the application so it?s almost like we are considering another child! Does anyone know if you are allowed to go on a waiting list for another school if you were allocated your first choice? It may be worth mentioning that we live in Southwark but both schools are in Lewisham. If we are allowed to do this then any tips on process would be much appreciated. And again, I do appreciate that I am writing this from a happy position and sorry if anyone reading was not so fortunate.

Hi, It might be worth phoning Lewisham Council and find out about this but I believe that you can if you request it. For what it is worth we live in Southwark and had Lewisham schools as our first and second choices, it was a close call between them but we ended up with our first choice and have remained very happy there, now two years. Depending on which schools it is feel free to send me a PM as I might be able to help you with feedback.