Looking for feedback on Heber Nursery

Hello all, we?re trying to work out whether to move our son from a stand-alone nursery to Heber Nursery in September and it?s proving a difficult decision. Our son is happy and settled in his current nursery, but Heber is much closer to home, so we would spend a lot less time getting there and back. We?re expecting another baby in the Autumn, so I could see this becoming a big advantage.

I?ve read through previous threads and seen comments on the size of the classroom and coats being left outside. But we?d be really interested to hear parents? views on whether they felt their children were happy there and whether you felt your child?s time at Heber nursery prepared them well for reception? Also, did you feel there were advantages with the nursery being part of the wider school?

Please feel free to PM me if you would prefer. Thanks very much!

My friend's son has attended Heber nursery and loved it, loads of fun activities, lots of help with basics in phonics and numbers so he's now well prepared for reception (which will be a different school, as his brother attends another primary school).

Best of luck with your decision

My daughter went to Heber nursery (and then to join her older sibling at another local primary) and really loved it. For my eldest, we used a non-school affiliated morning pre-school, and I think my daughter learned way more at Heber, and was a lot more stimulated. Whilst it's obviously all play based learning, I think just the fact that it's a more formal education setting helps, and nursery children can free flow to an extent with reception children should they wish to, and my daughter really loved this. She skipped in every morning, without fail. The staff were beyond lovely, we had no problem with the size of the classroom and no experience of coats left outside.

I would recommend. And you're right, a shorter nursery run is a huge plus!

School nursery?s have highly trained and qualified staff when compared to private nurseries. They are more transparent and accountable which does drive up standards. State nursery?s have a much lower turnover of staff. I was in a private nursery recently and over half the staff were temps who had never been there before. Finally in a school nursery they are in it for the kids and profit does not have to come into it.

No comparison!

It's so hard when you're happy with your existing nursery, but I made the move to Heber for my youngest.

I could not fault Heber nursery. My child was so happy there and the staff are wonderful. As previous posts say - far less turnover (none at all since I knew Heber), well trained, calm and caring staff. The activities they get up to are fantastic - have a look at 'Heber Early Years' @Heber_FS on Twitter to get a flavour for what they do. My experience is that resources (and belongings) are respected.

I'd consider a closer commute twice a day is a big advantage, too :-)

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to give me your thoughts, really appreciate it. We?re lucky and have had no staff turnover at all his current nursery and it really is a lovely place. But I had a good feeling about Heber when I visited, and combined with your positive feedback and it being much closer, we?re leaning towards that. Thanks again!