Family friendly 40th birthday scenarios...

So it's the big 4-0 this year. I have 2 children, my daughter is 8 months.

I don't want a massive knees up (I'm in bed most nights by 9 ha ha), but I don't want it to pass. Looking for somewhere, long afternoon affair on a weekend. Late August....(yes, last minute I know)

Would have to be somewhere to bring kids to, as most of my close friends have very small children.

Has anyone done something similar?

WAs thinking about having lunch at Wahacas in Canary Wharf, which has that outside space in front of it and the potential to go off to Docklands Museum and soft play. But I don't think that would lead to a particularly relaxing lunch, will babies trying to crawl around etc. I'm sure there's a trick I'm missing here.

My husbands 40th today. We brought an afternoon tea with us and hired a GoBoat. It was amazing. Awesome trip up the canals of London. Sunny in spots, shady in others. Drove our own boat (easy) past London Zoo (saw the hyenas) to Camden lock then back. ?90 for 2 hrs for the whole boat. Fits 8 people but very spacious and comfortable for 4-5.

Oh super - thank you!!!

I didn?t realise that deliveroo might deliver to Hyde park (or any park for that matter!)

Definitely worth a thought, although I?m guessibg the queues might get a bit long: we are used to going off peak to the memorial playground so I?m thinking that might not be the same experience on a weekend.

But you?re definitely on to something!! Thank you.

Could you afford to book a private room in a restaurant? My parents did this for their golden wedding a few years ago as there were lots of young children in amongst the different generations. They very thoughtfully bought a load of sticker books and puzzles which they handed out to the kids between courses, and there was a corner where the kids could go off and play with Lego (we brought a big box with us) if they didn't want to sit at the table. There was also a garden where we all wandered around in afterwards. There were speeches and a nice meal, so it felt special, but it was very chilled. I'm sure there must be a venue in London that could tick those boxes (we were down in Surrey, so that's not very helpful!).

Would try the Rosendale Pub - have rooms upstairs and a garden/ patio downstairs. You can bring your own music as well. The other idea might be to hire a child minder/ nanny for a day or half a day that way everyone has fun! The Cambria Pub also have rooms upstairs to hire - from memory think they have a outside area or how about Clockhouse on Barry RoD ? Then u have Peckham Rye Park opposite.

I did a huge picnic on Peck Rye for my husband's 40th - got everyone to bring their own food and we just had a lovely afternoon munching, drinking and playing rounders!

If you'd rather hire a private room - the lordship, the victoria inn and the edt all have rooms you can hire.

Thx for the goboat tipoff, am thinking of getting one of those for his next BD!

Do! I can?t recommend it enough.

Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I did a huge picnic on Peck Rye for my husband's

> 40th - got everyone to bring their own food and we

> just had a lovely afternoon munching, drinking and

> playing rounders!

>

> If you'd rather hire a private room - the

> lordship, the victoria inn and the edt all have

> rooms you can hire.

>