Travelling abroad advice/essentials with dairy free toddler!

Travelling to Greece in a couple weeks, first time abroad with 19 month old who has a dairy allergy.

I am confused with what I can and cant bring in hand luggage and pack in case.

I have read better of ordering online with Boots then collecting at Airport in case any problems at Checking in?

I want to bring my daughters usual snacks and more importantly dairy free milk- will I be ok packing in suitcase?

I also want to bring Calpol and a first aid kit-would Calpol be ok to bring into Greece and what would you recommend as travel essentials with lil ones!

Thanks for help!

I don?t think that there are any restrictions on taking foodstuffs and calpol in your suitcase. Just weight limits from the airline. If you were going to Australia it would be different! There are rules about what you can take in hand luggage in terms of liquids so just check you?re compliant on that front and anything you buy airside can be taken on too.

We had no problems finding soy milk in Crete last year, although we were staying in a pretty tiny town. In the past we have taken cartons of the long life Alpro (usually those individual cartons) in our luggage, as well as dairy free spread transferred into Tupperware.

If I?d known about pre-ordering from Boots airside then I?d probably have done that. It saves worrying about the 100ml limit or leakage in your hold luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

lenster Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We ordered from Boots airside and they had no

> record of our order when we arrived. Luckily they

> had the items in stock, but don't rely completely

> on that service.

Thank you for letting me know. Decided no to order online and will just buy there instead.

• 2 weeks later...