Any art and craft classes for kids on weekends?

mshah

Hi

Is anyone aware of any art classes running for kids around Brixton/Herne Hill/East Dulwich?

Ideally looking for something running on Saturday for kids aged 7.

If anyone knows of private classes or teachers, I'd be happy to look into this too.

thanks

Mala!

Hi I?m actually one of the art teachers who runs The Arts Factory sessions. Our web address is theartsfactory.london.

We run two classes on a Saturday morning at The Bowling Green Pavilion in Dulwich Park ( next to the children?s playground). The first class 9.30 - 11.00 is for 5 - 8 year olds and the second class 11.30 - 1.00 is for 8 - 12 year olds. We have only being running the classes for a term so far but the response has been amazing. If you have a look at this link some of our wonderful parents have given us some great feedback.http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?6,1951216,1951488#msg-1951488

I run the sessions with a colleague and we are both trained teachers and are passionate about outstanding art education. We believe a broad artistic education is crucial to unlock a child?s full potential.

We wanted to offer classes that teach children about a diverse range of artists, allow them to experiment with an extensive range of techniques , such as print making, clay modelling etc and obviously have a whole lot of fun whilst doing so. As part of the club we also take the children on gallery visits and run observational drawing sessions in the park environment. Please have a look at our website if you?d like to find out more and you can always contact me personally if the website doesn?t answer all your queries. We are also launching an after school club in September on a Wednesday at the Goose Green Centre because parents have asked us to and we know Saturdays aren?t always the most convenient time for a club.