Cluster of aggressive verrucas

Monkey

Dear Forum, you?ve helped me through nits in the past and today I need help with a cluster of aggressive verrucas on my daughter?s foot. We went to the chiropodist, who scraped them and told us to apply tape on them. She?s also given us a tincture to apply beforehand. It?s been a few days and I can?t say it?s making a difference yet. Any tried and tested methods from Forum members please? Is it worth going to the GP? Thank you.

My son (8) had a massive verruca about a year ago. I definitely think it takes more than a few days to disappear...more like several weeks and maybe over a month of applying the tincture. We used bazuka and that did the job. I wouldn?t give up just yet at all especially if there are lots of them- they are probably very stubborn.

Freezing might be an option but from what I remember of having it done myself it?s quite painful!

As one of the posters said above it takes weeks if not a month or so. My son had the same thing not long ago. We put the treatments on them, then covered with plaster and sometimes duct tape, repeating the process a few times a week. What finally got them was when we started filing off some of the dead/flaking skin with a nail file (obviously don't use it for your nails afterwards!). It took time and persistence but meant that no trip was needed to get anything done professionally...

My husband?s chiropodist recommemded Thuja (which is a natural remedy that?s also great for molluscum) for my daughter?s verucca. We hadn?t found Bazuka to be effective - just made her foot sore and bleed. Thuja has got rid of it after applying daily (well most days!) for around 4 to 6 weeks. We didn?t bother covering it with plasters/ tape. It is much more gentle and ultimately effective so definitely recommend. You can get it from Healthmatters.

If it doesn?t work or for anyone else with verruca problem: try the apple cider vinegar method. Many years ago when my son was little he had lots of warts/vertucas on his hands. Was looking for a more natural way of getting rid of them and came across apple cider vinegar method. There are lots of different ways of doing this but I just put his hand in some vinegar once a day for 5 minutes or so. It was like magic; they all disappeared within 2 weeks and they?ve never come back.