KS1 Primary Tutor

Jittlelo

Hi all

Just wanted to recommend our tutor Betsy Rowland as I know I found it hard to get the right kind of help for our 6 year old.

Our son increasingly struggled at school through year 1; we had lots of worrying and unhelpful intervention from the SENCo and by the end of the year we were really apprehensive how he was going to cope with year 2. In addition we were very concerned with his self esteem and dislike of school in general, and decided to find help over the summer holidays - more than anything else, to boost his flagging confidence rather than his academic ability.

The transformation has been astounding; everyone has been commenting on his increased confidence, communication and vocabulary. Just a blossoming of personality really. He is actually keen to count and add things in every day life and almost shows off his ability to count in twos, fours etc. And above all his handwriting - which was the biggest red flag for the SENCo - has improved beyond recognition within a very short space of time. Im attaching a before and after from our 6th session.

I feel more in touch with how my son is learning stuff in school and am armed with techniques to help him. But above all we just have peace of mind that his innate intelligence can be tapped when the school was making us feel otherwise. Worth every penny. You can find out more on http://www.dulwich-tutor.co.uk/ and I am happy to be contacted through here to provide any other information.

Betsy Rowland