Maths tutor for KS2 (year 4)

BikeChick

Hi there

Can anyone recommend a good maths tutor for a struggling/low-on-confidence 8 year old boy, summer birthday just turned 8 (just started year 4 - private system).

We are not looking to drill him, we are looking for someone fun and kind who gets young children who struggle with maths concepts and can help boost his confidence.

Looking for someone to come to our home in West Dulwich/Gipsy Hill area twice a week after school (ideally Monday - Thursday, 4:30/5pm ish)

No need to suggestions around maths games online and so on....he won't do them, totally refuses to do anything like that with us. Kumon is definitely not for us, either, and school have discouraged us from Kumon.

Thanks!

Clair who runs Maths Mad is absolutely wonderful but I am unsure if she has availability.

https://www.mathsmad.co.uk/1-to-1-maths-coaching

I cannot recommend her more highly - she really brings fun and enthusiasm (lots of games and interaction to make the sessions fun) in order to get the best out of my 8 yr old son.

Best of luck!

p.s. mine tried and hated Kumon too but it was great in terms of getting into the discipline of a classroom situation and good behaviour / independence.