Advice needed: two car seats plus adult in back of Octavia/Passat?

Hey folks - Does anyone on here have a Skoda Octavia/Superb or VW Passat? Would love thoughts on whether you can get two child seats plus an adult in the back? Is this comfortable?

Our current car has kicked the bucket and we are figuring out how to port enough family/stuff in new one. Any thoughts much appreciated, TIA.

We have an Audi A6 which is pretty similar to the Passat. Whilst we used to be able to squeeze an adult between our ERF seats, we can't do it now we have the Britax Kiddifix Side impact protection seats as they're really wide.

Depending on the age of your kids, i'd have thought that it 'might' be possible with an infant carrier plus child seat, definitely possible with ERF seats though its 'challenging' to get in the middle, and probably possible with 2 narrower high backed boosters.

Also depends on the size of the adult - shoulder width will be a limiting factor!

Depending on how often you need to make this work another option could be to put one kid in the front seat and the two adults in the back.

We have an Octavia. You haven't specified which car seats you are considering. In my experience, with a baby and toddler maxi cosi it was very uncomfortable. Now with two high backed boosters it's ok - the adult can do up the seat belt, and so be safe. Still only recommended for relatively short journeys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Yet another increase, its absolutely disgusting. I was charged £7.95 to send documents recorded delivery last week. I asked for the Signed for option that only costs £2.50 but the Post Office refused & said they would only send them recorded delivery. 
    • Thanks Admin for clarifying - I’ve now found the post they used to scrape my telephone number from. So it wasn’t a data breach from EDF, rather my foolishness posting it online 15 years ago…    Still leaving this thread here if that’s ok so that people are aware of this scam and don’t fall foul of it (also to think twice before posting phone numbers here as it can be used by any one as I’ve found out!)
    • There is deliberately nowhere to enter your phone number, name, address etc anywhere when registering an account on this forum. There never has been. There is no way to attach this sort of personal information to your account.  If someone says that EDF has given your phone number, then this is a lie. No personal information is sold to any third party and it is not collected in the first place.     
    • Anyone else received a cold call from this company pretending to be calling on behalf of EE? When I asked how they’d got my data they said ‘from East Dulwich forum’. I have contacted the Admin to find out whether EDF are selling our data to marketing companies or if they’ve been hacked. Alternatively the website is being scraped somehow.    Just warning others in case anyone else receives a call- it’s a scam, do not engage with them 🙂
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In