Nursery in Dulwich

Daisy812

Hello Parents,

We are moving to Dulwich and are looking for a nursery for our little one. We'd really like to get recommendations and hear about your experience and impressions on the options available. Here's a list we got from the Internet, we haven't visited any of these places yet:

- Halfmoon Montessori Nursery

- Little Fingers Montessori Nursery

- First Steps Montessori Day Nursery

- Nellys (they have a few nurseries)

- Under the Willows

- Anabela Nursery (http://www.anabeladaynursery.co.uk)

- EDG Nursery (http://www.lenidchildcare.co.uk/edg/who-we-are/)

- Ruskin House School

- Dulwich Montessori

Thanks a million!

We've been very happy with Ruskin House School at 74 Herne Hill. My son had a fabulous time, he learned lots without being forced or pushed, he made many friends and I found the staff to be unfailingly kind and warm. There is good outside space with a mud kitchen, a pond (completely safe!), and a garden where the children have been growing tomatoes. It's a really nice place.

I?ve heard good things about several of these and have personal experience of a couple that I?d be happy to share.

I think the first few of things I would think about are:

a) whether you are looking for sessional/termtime only or fuller wraparound (eg 8-6 daily inc across school holidays). The list above covers some from both and the financial implications are quite different.

b) location - do you know where you?re going to live? Again, wide range above and I would advise being guided in part by proximity (unless you plan to do it by car in which case not much in it)

c) timescale - several of the nurseries in the list have quite long waiting lists. This may be less of an issue if you can be flexible with your days or prepared to wait a long time but it may be more a case of elimination if your need is urgent and/or you want full time.

Hope this helps narrow it down a bit. Searching the forum may get some recent feedback too.

Good luck!