Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care
xxxx
Glazer Delmar

Pure View Carpentry Ltd

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageJiu Jitsu or Self-defence Martial Arts for 5 year old
Posted by Tea November 22, 10:31PM

Good evening all,

I hope this post finds you well.

Does anyone know of any Jiu Jitsu or some other type of martial art clubs in the local area?

My daughter was "strangled" at school the other day by an older child. The strangler was spoken to and is apologetic, but I've just been told by another parent (who didn't know what had happened my girl) that her daughter was strangled in the same week too! My daughter was confused, couldn't explain it to me clearly and thought it was a game.

Anyhow, I think it's a good idea to get her into a class to help build her confidence, assertiveness and deal with bullies etc.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tea

messageRe: Jiu Jitsu or Self-defence Martial Arts for 5 year old
Posted by wallingford November 24, 10:23AM

Hi tea,

My 5 year old goes to jiu jitsu at dulwich college sports centre. They are a great bunch there

TRICCS Academy
[www.dulwichbjj.com]

Posted by wonderwoman November 26, 04:29PM

My children 8 and 11 attend Wing Tsun east dulwich. They are experts in self defence having trained with kids and adults particular with
girls groups. Try httpwww.dulwichwingtsun.com

Posted by ed_pete November 29, 12:57PM

Taekwondo at JAGS Sport Club [jagssportsclub.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was november 29, 12:57pm by ed_pete.

Posted by wonderwoman November 29, 09:33PM

Yes Sun taekwondo has classes at Jags on Mon and Thurs and kids on Saturday. Great but not really self defence, TKD tends to be more concentrated on learning patterns and at higher level sparring at competitions. Whereas Wingtsun they teach kids how to keep safe and only use force when it's last option so more in lines of self defence and getting out of holds.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum