Freddies flowers

I was at Pexmas Market at the weekend and met up with this fresh flower start up. Seem like really interesting guys.I am particularly interested in trying them as they use no plastic.

When i spoke to them, and you order flowers, you can adjust your booking to weekly or when you would like to recieve it .... so just when needed ... their flowers apparently last for 2 weeks and come with tips on how to arrange etc. The deliver to nunhead on a Monday

Alice it is not about making money personally, but the opportunity to try out a new start up business that delivers fresh flowers to your home. Yiu get your first delivery free.

You can choose how often you wish to receive them by going on your account and ticking what dates you want or don't want them. They are offering new customers the opportunity to share a code that gets them their first delivery free. You will also, when you place an order be given a code to pass on. I imagine it is a way to build up a client base and their business.

hello Hazel,

Does Freddie know you are giving away your code?

If I was a start up business, while I would encourage / reward new customers, I don't know how I would survive if I had to give that reward to everyone, whether they were a customer or not.

Imagine if 10,000 people used the code you have just given. That would cost the company ?249,999.

Hazel - I've been getting Freddie's Flowers for couple of years - they are wonderful. Full of the sort of flowers I'd love to grow myself if I had any space or talent! It's a bit like a veg box scheme in that you get a box delivered and it's different each time, with very little packaging. The flowers tend to be seasonal and seem reasonably local (although I don't think Freddie makes any particular commitment about air freighting they don't strike me as having been flown half way round the world). They do genuinely last for 2 weeks - despite my leaving them in the kitchen, forgetting to change the water and generally not doing all the things you are supposed to do with them. I've honestly not seen flowers of this quality or type in the shops.

They are very expensive though. When we dont have much work in our household we have to stop them for a bit, but it's always the first thing I want to restart when we get a bit more cash (before e.g. being able to get the odd takeaway) as they are so gorgeous.

Angelina - surely Hazel's code will only work once? I expect they have to get people to try them out in order to believe how lovely they are.

Angelina, I received an email from Freddie's (I placed an order) with the code and in the email they state "please share this with gay abandon" - see below. I imagine it can be used once. I have copied the bits from the email from them for transparency - I had hoped to broaden their business base not sink them

• 3 weeks later...
I used them for a while- maybe a year. The flowers did last well and were very generous bunches- I edited my order to only get them every other week and did find they lasted. I find now we have twins we have neither the time nor money for flowers, but did really enoyed them while we had them : )