Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com
xxxx
Your Local Personal Trainer

Pure View Carpentry Ltd

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageOutdoorsy childcare
Posted by Admoose January 03, 02:16PM

Hi does anyone have any recommendations for local nurseries or childminders that put a big emphasis on outdoor play, nature discovery etc?

I'd love to send my LO to a forest school but it isn't practical at the moment and I'm not happy with how little time most nurseries I've seen spend outdoors - some don't go out for days at a time. We do plenty of things outdoors with him on our own time but I'd like his childcare to follow a similar ethos.

Any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

messageRe: Outdoorsy childcare
Posted by Digbina January 03, 08:59PM

Thereís (or there was, Iím not up to date on this) a forest school nursery in Myatts Fields in Camberwell.

Posted by UlStED January 04, 03:12PM

We were recommended Dulwich Wood nursery [www.dulwichwood.com] - the logistics didn't work out for us unfortunately but might be worth checking out.
Also, the German nursery in North Dulwich might be an option to explore, they have a huge garden out the back and from what I've heard, get the kids out in all weather. Kids don't need to speak German to be admitted.

Posted by motorbird83 January 05, 02:53PM

Our nursery Gumboots has extensive outdoor areas and the children go out rain or shine. The older children grow their own vegetables and the younger children go out twice daily for exploring the outdoors and playing.

Piplings also has very impressive outdoor areas and when we toured the woman in charge said they ran it as a semi-forest school approach.

Why don't you try to visit both of these options and see what you think.

Posted by Admoose January 06, 12:38PM

Thanks those are helpful suggestions! Although I was unimpressed by the rest of Piplings apart from the large garden..

Posted by kristymac1 January 06, 01:46PM

Mothergoise Green Dale had lovely outdoor space, growing and cooking their own vegetables and they used to regularly make use of the wildlife space next door. This was some years ago so may have changed, especially with the ownership issues of the wildlife space...

Posted by motorbird83 January 07, 08:36PM

I didn't like Piplings either hence why I'm at Gumboots! Still I have friends whose son is happy there.

Posted by nina_maniana January 08, 01:35PM

DUCKS if you are OK with getting on a waitlist and waiting a while. They have the best forest school locally and the fees are in line with other nurseries despite the brand.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum