German tutor for my 5 year old

Mrs.S

Hi EDT team,

I'm looking for a German tutor who could come and tutor my son once or twice a week, ideally after school. He understands quite a bit since I come from a German speaking family but could definitely use some structured support. We live on East Dulwich Road, which is really easy to get to. Please let me know if you are a German tutor or know anyone you'd recommend.

Many thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

I'm in the same boat. I too am looking for a German tutor (not too formal) for my 4.5 year old son once or twice a week. Perhaps something we could do together? I know of the German school in Forest Hill and have heard good things about it, but for now we would prefer not to send him to school on a Saturday as we are really enjoying the time together on the weekends. I also believe he has to be "fluent" in German to attend, which he isn't quite.

I've starting to look into this and if you're interested in joining forces let me know.

Thanks

Simone

Hi,

Our daughter (4.5 years) also attends the German Saturday School in Forest Hill and just to say that it is not a school per se but more of a playgroup where they do arts and crafts. It?s very informal and friendly and your child certainly does not need to be fluent to attend. The children have all sort of levels of fluency.

Hope this helps.

Hi ths0105

Thank you, this is very helpful indeed!! I love the idea of the arts and crafts element. I will get in touch and explore this again. My son, for the past year has refused to speak or understand any German (a phase I hope) so his German is not up to scratch anymore. I was a little worried, as their website states: "findet ausschlie?lich auf Deutsch statt. Desshalb ist es wichtig, dass die Kinder die Sprache verstehen, so da? sie am Unterricht aktiv teilnehmen k?nnen und Spa? haben." I'm not sure we're at this stage anymore...

Thanks so much.

Hi All,

We used the german saturday school many years ago for our youngest son only.

I am wondering if a 'playdate' with a german speaking teenager (17 years old) may be one way forward for your child/children to speak/hear/learn more German. He does babysitting locally and is in year 12 at a local school. He is not interested in formal language teaching but would be happy to play/look after your children - and speak in German to them at the same time.

PM me for his contact details.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hello, I'm looking for an entertainer for my 9 year old son's birthday party. Looking for someone who can organise some games for the kids as my son and his friends are quite active. Regards, Sue
    • My son’s primary school hatched duck eggs, probably under this scheme around 12 years ago.  We were all very upset to hear that 2 of the (5 year old) boys had knocked the incubator over & all eggs smashed.   feeling a lot less sad about that now!  
    • What would I do about cyclists?  The failed Tory manfesto commitment to train all kids was an excellent proposal.  Public information campaigns aimed at all road users, rather than singling some out, to more considerately share the road, as TfL have done, is welcome too. As for crunching vehicles.  I'd extend this to illegal ebikes, illegal e-scoooters (I think some local authorities have done this with the latter) but before that I would (a) legislate that the delivery companies move away from zero hours contracts to permanent employees and take responsibility for their training, vehicles and behaviour on the road.   More expensive takeaways are a price worth paying for safer roads and proper terms and conditions (b) legislate to register all illegal e-bikes and scooters so that when they are found on the road the retailer takes a hit, and clamp down on any grey markets.  If you buy an e scooter say from Halfords this comes with a disclaimer that it can only be used on private land with the owner's permission.
    • I know a lot of experts in the field and getting a franchise was a license to print money, that is why Virgin were so happy to spend lots of dosh challenging government ten years ago when they lost the West Coast franchise.  This will not be overnight, rather than when the franchise has come to the end. Government had previously taking over the operator of last resort when some TOCs screwed up. Good, at last some clear blue water between the parties.  Tories said they were going to do a halfway house, but I've not noticed.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_British_Railways   : "On 19 October 2022, Transport Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan announced that the Transport Bill which would have set up GBR would not go ahead in the current parliamentary session.[15] In February 2023, Transport Secretary Mark Harper re-affirmed the government's commitment to GBR and rail reform.[16] The 2023 King's speech announced the progression of a draft Rail Reform Bill which would enable the establishment of GBR, although it has not been timetabled in the Parliamentary programme.[5] The Transport Secretary Mark Harper later told the Transport Select Committee that the legislation was unlikely to reach Royal Assent within the 2023-2024 parliamentary session.[17]"
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In