Friends wanted for the summer holidays

Anybody want to hook up to fill the Summer holidays? Lots of our friends will be away or the mums work all through the Summer.

I have a 6 yo boy (very full of beans, likes to play with girls as well as boys) and 14m old b/g twins. We like to hang out at Dulwich Park, the Horniman, Peckham Rye Park, we can drive, keen to try paddling pools, the fountain things at Sydenham Wells, ... anything that's open (is CP one o'clock club open?) Free activities of any kind, in fact!

Anyone want to get together as a bit of a posse and meet up to do stuff as I find managing things like buying myself a cup of tea or going to the loo is hard work with a double buggy in tow!!

It might work to suggest a place to meet each day and any mums who're free just pitch up... no need to have an older child but personally I'd be looking for places that would suit an older one as well as babies.. one of mine is walking, one is still crawling.

PS If we do form some sort of summer mus club, I'm good at googling and finding stuff that's on. There are usually things on at libraries and childrens centres etc locally. But if you have a few extra kids, something like a picnic just becomes much more fun!

I'm in too...also have b/g twins, who are about to turn 3, so know all about the double buggy problems. Biggest issue at the mo is that mine don't want to be in buggy any more, but if they run free any hope of getting a coffee/going to the loo disappears.

We would be keen to also join you. I have a 3.5 year old and 8 month. Both boys. The older one has chicken pox at the moment so we will be house bound for a few weeks but after that it would be great to meet up and get then new playmates. Please keep us posted.

Can I come too. Have a 20 month old boy and 2.5 year old girl, we drive, can get anywhere for some adult conversation - summer holidays are really starting to worry me. Lets organise where and when!

Sounds great...have no idea what and where we'll be over the summer holidays..so a regular day and time means if we're around we'd love to join a big kid date. Sons 4.5 and 2.5.

Thanks for thinking of it...

Wednesdays are perfect. We're away on holiday for a month next week so I'll watch this space and catch up with everyone in late July. Can't wait! Thanks for arranging Fuschia, such a great idea and great to finally meet other mums and/or dads and sprogs.

I'm in - have a very nearly 5 year old and a just 8 month old. Will be away for much of August, but would be keen to join you for the start and end of the summer holidays.....and Wednesay's are good for me too generally.

Meeting in Peckham Rye Park would be a great starting point, and I imagine other stuff will quickly branch off on various days.

Has anyone done the Robot Zoo at the Horniman by the way, and if so, what did you think of it?

Molly

Sounds like there are loads of people up for this, great! My kids both have a lunchtime sleep from around 12ish till around 2ish (my sanity time!!)... is it possible to arrange things for the afternoon? (the only reason I ask is that I notice other meets that have happened have been at 12, so I can't go along :'()