exercising after c-section

How about heading along to Powerpramming? Liz is a local (posts on the forum) and is an expert when it comes to post natal exercise. I went 6 weeks after having #2 (although didn't have a c-section) and found it excellent - if nothing else it gets you out of the house and you get to meet other like-minded Mums.

Hi dingading

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. You need to give yourself at least 10 weeks before exercising after a c-section. Although the operation is common you still need to recover properly.

I run the Powerpramming classes that Pickle has very kindly recommended. Thanks Pickle :))

Once you have the all clear to start exercising again it would be great to see you. You can find out more about it at www.powerpramming.co.uk

In the meantime I totally agree with the advice about gentle walking and giving yourself a break by taking it easy with a cuppa - make the most of the excuse to rest while you can! You may find that a brisk stroll actually leaves you feeling quite tired later on in the day so try not to do too much too soon.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about exercising post c-section.

All the best, Liz Stuart

I waited until about 12 weeks to do powerpramming and went to Crystal Palace. Quite good as they also did a check for things!! Before that I would go for walks in the park. Agree with the cuppa though as you barely get a chance to make one during the day let alone drink it!!

Tricep exercises - lift biscuit with left hand, and cup of tea with right. Repeat. As often as you can.

For variety, exercise fingers by changing channel on remote control and flicking pages of magazine.

In all seriousness though, I found that combo of heaving progressively heavier baby up and down and pushng pram laden down with clutter/shopping etc about the streets seemed to do the trick. I always fancied powerpramming too although was too disorganised to manage it. Theres those salsa baby classes as well (you salsa dance with baby in a sling?) and postnatal pilates @ Dulwich Leisure centre where you take the baby in with you.

From 3 months you can creche them at Beckenham Spa, and 6 months at Peckham Pulse. I found swimming was lovely, and nice to have an hour of "me" time with no baby!