Opinions on Bunk Beds

Hiya, just wandered if anyone could recommend any good bunk beds please? We will need to get some soon for our 2 boys.

Warren Evans are of course very nice but cost an arm and a leg.

Has anyone bought any nice sturdy ones that can be separated later on if needs be.

Many thanks,

Liz

We bought our wooden bunkbeds from Alphabeds (they were on Tottenham Court Road but now just mail order from Wales). We bought them 13 years ago and they are still going strong although they have been used as separate beds for some of that time. The beds are not fancy but very solid and reasonably priced. Excellent service and delivery. (Whilst they were being used as separate beds we lost the wooden side rails but they replaced them for just the delivery fee 11 years after we originally bought the beds!)

The beds are guaranteed for 15 years but I think ours will still be going strong long after that.

[www.alphabeds.co.uk]

Looking at prices they are slightly but not much cheaper than Warren Evans:(

We bought a fantastic bunk bed from Marks and Spencer about 2 yrs ago. It can be easily split into two single beds and is not as high as a lot of bunk beds so does not restrict head room for the top bunk. They were discounted at the time and cost about ?200. Not sure what the full price is but worth a look.

We looked at lots of sites for our girls and ended up with a fairly reasonably priced short list of argos, marks and spencers and next. In the end we went for a set from next, for us partly to do with size. Have had them a year and still look great

(they are metal which I wasn't keen on to start with)

We've got two sets of bunkbeds that we got through freecycle. My only tip would be to make sure there's enough headspace in the lower bunk once the mattress is in, enough that you can get in easily for a bedtime kiss or middle of the night cuddle should you have to.

we bought these in january for my 4 year old and nearly 2 year old.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Bunkbed-Mattresses/dp/B002CNRUBU?ie=UTF8&qid=1268583385&categoryNodeID=&ref=sr_1_2&page=&node=42966030&sr=1-2&mnSBrand=core&rh=

I've got them in white and my sister has the wood finish -they both look great.

i'm really pleased with them. they seem to put them on special offer every now and again and reduce them to ?319 (which seeing as it includes decent mattresses is a really good price)

m and s deliver them, build them and take all the packaging away as well which is brilliant

• 4 years later...

My son (now 8) was allowed for the first time to sleep in the the top bed.

My daughter sleeps on the top since she's been three.

I think it very much depends on their sleeping style.

My son is doing all sorts of things when he sleeps so he is not allowed up there in general.