single parents meetups

Hi

If you are a single parent in east dulwich and surrounding area and would like to meet up with others I am starting a group who will meet on Saturdays or Sundays in different park venues throughout the summer. Mums and dads are welcome and children of any age. My little boy is 8 months old now and I am keen to meet others in similar circumstances for company and support for both him and myself

Please let me know if you are interested and any good venues and I will make arrangements for our meetups according to what people would like to do

I suggest that the first meetup will be Sunday 6th June and that we meet at The Horniman museum at 2 o'clock, the slope next to the cafe is a nice spot and I will make sure I get there early so people are not on their own.

Hi Curlykaren

thanks for your message, thats 3 of us now, so will organise something else for the weekend of 19th/20th, which is the nearest park to you and which is your favorite one?

I live near there too but like to travel as well. The other mum joining the group is not available on 6th june so I will make our first date on 19th June. Lets meet up at the little park at Dulwich library, just thought of that as a place cos its handy for all of us and if you don't fancy the walk you can jump on the no 12 bus down Barry road.

Does that suit you both CUrly karen and Jam?

Is anybody else interested in meeting up?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

There are now 6 of us and all keen to meet up tomorrow, sorry i haven't been in touch, the littlun has started standing up and I can't leave him for a second. So lets meet tomorrow at 2 o'clock at the little park next to the Dulwich library and take it from there. If the weather is bad lets meet in the children's library.

Can't wait to meet you all

Hi

I would be up for this - my daughter is with her Dad tomorrow so I won't make that one but will keep my eyes open for other meetings. I set up a single parents meet up last summer but never got round to doing it again - it's a great idea!

Hi all single parents

The first single parent meet-up took place on Saturday and we really enjoyed it so I am going to organise another one. We met at the libray and then went to the cafe in Dulwich park, sheltered from the rain under the trees and then played on the swings. The children got on really well and it was lovely for my little boy who does not have weekend playmates, it was great for me too as I got to chat in a language other than baby talk!

Pleae let me know if you would like to meet this Sunday the 27th June at the Horniman museum at 2 o'clock. Lets meet on the hill next to the cafe, unless it is rainy then we can meet inside the cafe and do the exhibitions. Looking forward to meeting you all and any new members please let me know if you wish to join, all are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes definitely having another one soon, was thinking of doing it this Sunday, early morning for a change, see if more people can make it. There are now 8 of us however, as you know it is fitting into everyones schedule that is difficult, let me know if you fany an early meetup and will post something later on in the week.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...