taxi to Kings

Am probably a bit ahead of myself as am due in four weeks, but the first was 3.5 weeks early so not taking any chances... We had a car the first time round so no worries, but can anyone recommend a taxi company for a mad dash?

Not wanting to use the company from Northcross Rd as had a v bad experience a few months back. Am by the Horniman these days so anywhere local to here would be good...

Thanks in advance!

Helen

Hiya - We used Keen Taxis - details below.

I phoned them months before my due date to see if they will take a women in labour to Kings, and they were really good.

020 8693 1000 is Keen Group cars

On the big day (it was 2am!), the taxi driver avoided all pot holes and speed bumps for me :-)

xx

linkway cars 8299 4444 or 8693 4444 sorry can't remember which prefix but directories will have... just watch they don't overcharge you - some taxi companies apparently charge double just because they know you're in a hurry

i've always found linkway to be reasonable and reliable, taxi rank is based on east dulwich road

• 5 months later...

just wanted to reprise this thread to see if anyone has any new advice on this? Any good cab firms used lately?

Am due in a couple of weeks and will need a cab to Kings so just getting organised! Have made a note of the others already mentioned.

Cheers.

I used Forest Hill Cabs, 0208 291 1111. It was around midnight but if you are in labour during the day it's worth considering traffic i.e. insist on going in when you have regular and close contractions, they kept putting me off even when I was 3 in ten mins. Goodluck!

thanks all....I Already use Addison Lee a lot, but usually from town coming home, or work...never think to use them for short journeys closer to home, but glad to know they are good for this as I think their service is brilliant.

Thanks for info and any others still welcome.

We used Keen too, and the driver was very considerate with regard to going over speed bumps and around corners. Probably terrified for his upholstery, poor chap, but was kind enough to wish us a safe delivery at the end of the ride!

• 7 years later...