My Favourite Nursery Upland Road

Hi

I know this nursery is very new but does anyone have any feedback on their experience of My Favourite Nursery or are the planning to put their children into? Just a bit nervous as it is very new and would be nice to have some feedback about it, as I am thinking about registering my child there.

thanks

I have also been to this nursery and was quite impressed but am also slightly anxious as it is new. They lease the nursery from the church so the nursery is separate/ not run by the church. Anyone with any information/ opinion on this new nursery would also be appreciated from me!!

A lease being there doesn't necessarily mean it's a separate enterprise. Think that the directors of the old company who were in charge of the nursery were members of the congregation and were not being charged rent on the premises.

I don't mean to be negative and am glad that the premises are being used for a nursery again, just had a bad experience with the closure of Bojangles, where there wasn't transparency for parents about the ownership of the nursery and involvement/non-involvement of the church.

• 1 year later...
My son attends 2 days a week, and so far we are really happy with the nursery. Staff are wonderful and are good with giving you details of how your child spent the day ie food times, sleep times, activities, general mood. My son also seems really happy there, he doesn't cry when I drop him off, so must be a good sign. All the other children always seems happy as well. If you can get a spot, I say go for it. It might be a new nursery, but they seems to be doing just fine so far.

My daughter has been going 2 days a week since October and she loves it (she is 1 now). Sometimes they seem a bit frantic and they are a bit disorganised with things but if you see past that the care is good, the staff are very sweet and the children are happy. Don't be put off if you visit and it looks a bit chaotic or you find yourself asking a lot of questions, they aren't very experienced in dealing with the parents in my experience so don't offer loads of reassurance etc but I found that my daughter gave me all the reassurance I needed as she is so smiley when she goes there and barely gives me a backwards glance! The toys are all good quality, the food is alright and the children are very fond of each other as well as of their carers.

I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Oh and they always have time to speak to you during drop off and pick up if you have any particular concerns that day, i.e coughs/colds/constipation/bad mood/tired etc etc. And they work with you on development if you mention to them that your little one is making progress with mobility etc and will try and ensure they encourage that as well.

PM if you want any further info. I know it can be hard to decide!

You can either pay ?30 to go on a waiting list but i don't think it's super long or you can pay a month of fees (?736 a month for 4 days) plus a ?30 admin fee and secure a place, that's what I did yesterday for October / November this year. They don't Have a card machine so take cash (or they may take cheque not sure).. Luckily we had three cards we could get the limit of ?250 each out of at Barry's across the way.. X

Ha! Is that why I tried to use the cashpoint at Barry's yesterday and it was out of order? ;-)

I think I've posted elsewehere about this nursery, but to reiterate on this thread how good we find them. Can't believe it's been close to 6 months our little one has been going and still she jumps out of the buggy every day she goes, happy as larry to spend the day there

jennyH makes a good point about the children being fond of each other as well - every time I go to pick her up there is lots of hellos and goodbyes and a liitle wave to ecah of teh kids pictures above their pegs on the way out

I was just reading on their offsted report something about the organisation of the rooms for the under twos being a little haphazard and the little ones therefore not having access to the various play bits.... Does anyone know if this is a real concern? Or should I just ignore the satisfactory rating? Blimey, finding nurseries is such hard work in ed... My daughters name is down at little jungle but I don't think she'll get a place there this century! Need somewhere from June-ish....

Personally I really like the layout - there's lots of space and its light and airy. I only looked at one other nursery but the rooms there were small and cramped in comparison. Not sure what the concerns might have been but probably best to just go and look for yourself? They have only been running I think for around a year and the inspection was quite early on, so makes sense that there might have been a few things to improve on at that early stage.

• 6 years later...