Swimming Lessons for babies

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone out there knows where I can take my baby for swimming lessons?

I had planned on taking her to Dulwich fusion but seeing as the water temperature seems to be so unpredictable and is often freezing cold, I've changed my mind!

I had heard there was a private house in Herne Hill that does them, does anyone know anything about this?

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Baby swimming (babyswimming.co.uk) use a private pool at a house nr Dulwich College. They also hold lessons in a hydrotherapy pool in Herne Hill....

The private pool is warmer although neither cold!

Bugglet and I go up to London Bridge to do the Little Dippers classes (after seeing them recommended on here) and are really enjoying them - isn't too much of a trek by train (infact, is good as she sleeps on the homeward stretch!).

There is a buggy park outside the pool which seems well used. There is also a large parking area, both of which are enclosed and not visible from the road (the road is very quiet and suburban like).

Just a word of warning - the private pool has very little room for changing you/ your baby / other people in the class. They only allow you to come in 10 mins before and i found it made the whole experience a bit of a stressful rush. Pool itself is very warm but my baby broke out in bad eczema just after the 2nd class and we had tO stop going. They claim to check chlorine levels but i thought it was very chloriney water and dr said had definitely triggered my baby's eczema - but he could just be v sensitive?

• 3 years later...

We did Level 1 and 2 in Herne Hill at Michael Tippet School with babyswimming.

Was very good, will be taking #2 when arrives and old enough. #1 loved it and it's helped her confidence in water.

Only downside would say is the underwater photos. They're taken by the teacher (and often takes up a whole lesson so you "miss" that other than what you might practice yourself) and you have to pay extra which is a shame. We didn't bother as were lucky enough to get a professional session for free as the swimming company wanted to update their website photos.