Mild eczema - salcura products? Also weaning advise...

My son has a bit of eczema mostly behind his knees and generally quite sensitive dry skin. This came on when he was a few weeks old and exclusively breastfed. It only got pretty bad (flare up over chest and back) once when I stopped applying cream on him mistaking the eczema for an infection. That's when I the GP diagnosed it.

The doctor gave us Oilatum for the bath and Oilatum Jr or Diprobase cream. They seem to work and the only area that is visibly affected is behind the knees. It can get quite red and is a bit itchy I think.

The night nanny who came a couple of weeks ago to help with sleep training sugested I use Salcura products. I had never hear of them - anyone use them and are they worth trying?

I started weaning at 5 months (he is 6 in two days) but noticed no major change to the eczema. He is now having mostly formula, solids and breastfeeding at 7pm. Perhaps I should have waited with the weaning but he was so enthusiastic about food and not visibly affected that I gave him a range of fruit and veg. Will be starting on protein soon (and keeping an eye for any changes).

He has had no dairy products yet (but formula contains cow's milk) gluten or eggs. Most eczema websites seem to link it to dairy and wheat. Any advice? Are there foods he should be having more of? Any to avoid completely?

• 9 months later...

Hello Supergolden88,

I work at Salcura and have just come across your post. I realise it was nearly a year ago and I really hope your son is doing well and that his eczema has all cleared up.

Did you try any of our products and did they work for him?

If he does still suffer from eczema or similar skin problems, I would like to recommend Salcura Dermaspray Gentle.

This product has a proven track record and is one of our most effective and practical solution for eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other related skin conditions. It is suitable for children children under 12 months old (or adults with very sensitive skin). As with all our products it is suitable for use during pregnancy and breast-feeding as they contain no nasties.

You can order a FREE Salcura Problem Skin Sample Pack at http://www.salcuraskincare.com/sample/

** Please note that the Dermaspray Intensive (included in the sample) is only suitable for 12+ months

If there is anything else I can help with, please feel free to get in touch :)