Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

• 3 weeks later...

So... Scan is all good. Baby due on Jan 12th (although by my dates this is impossible and more like 28th).

Daughter nearly 2 years old and I'm trying to get my head around dividing myself between two of them!!

Eeek-

Anyway, would be interested to hear the experiences of other winter babies' mum's...

Hello there

I have just joined the discussion so apologies if this question has already been asked... but is anyone due with their SECOND baby in the winter?

I have a son who will be 3 on 16th December, the exact due date of the new baby... spooky.

Thank you

Hi Lilly and Bee,

Yes, similar situation for me. Daughter will be nearly 2 and a half on due date which is in mid Jan. Daughter is good as gold so am hoping will adapt easily. Although we have such a good little family unit I'm worried about upsetting the balance!

Had invaluable support from NCT mums 1st time round so am glad this forum is here as a way of sharing advice this time round.

I feel like I cannot remember the routines and rules for newborns... So it's back to square one!!

Congratulations on your pregnancies by the way... It's just about sunk in for me!!

Anna

Hi all,

Same here...it's my number 2. My son will be 3 and a bit, so same concerns about the balance of our current "unit" and just how much more hard work it will be. Also was very ill for some 3 months the first time around so barely know how to manage a new born. All the same we are extremely excited.

Looking forward to meeting up nearer the time. Had a very good support network first time around via NCT - found it invaluable. Hopefully we can all form our little group this time around.

Congratulations to everyone.

S

Hello

nice to hear from everyone and congratulations. I agree with Sru that the support I got during my first pregnancy, birth and beyong from other new mothers was invaluable and a life saver - literally.

So I wonder whether anyone expecting their second is interested in meeting up - and anyone expecting their first of course, but I suspect it will be a very different experince for you.

I am aware meeting up will probably require a huge amount of coordination between holidays and toddler times, etc. But let's see if we can manage.

Toddler times: we can meet Mon, Tue and Wed. Mon and Wed i normally take my son to Dulwich Pool from 11 till 1, then home, so before 11 is good. Tue we are normally free all morning. Afternoons tend to be a late affair as he still naps often waking up as late as 4.30/5...

Holidays: We are in London during the week until end of August, then away for 2 1/2 weeks, then in London for a month and then away for 6/7/8 weeks coming back mid November.

I hope that makes sense and we can find a time suitable to everyone.

Have a good sat night!

B

Hi all,

I would definitely be up for a meet up. I am a teacher, so break up on Tuesday. Then away for a week from Friday.

No other plans this summer but returning to work, full time eeek, from Sept.

B, Happy to meet this Wed morning if you fancy... And obviously anyone else who's around...We can start the ball rolling!!

Hopefully if the weather is good we can take toddlers to park??

I hope you all have a good weekend... Mine now consist of napping where possible!! -- roll on that 'burst of energy' I vaguely remember kicking in about now!!

Anna

Hello

Anna - Wed morning would be good. I normally go to Goose Green playground from 9.30/10 till about 11 (when my son has swim classes) if weather is good. If not, we could meet somewhere inside.

Anyone else can meet up?

LillyD - I am hoping to go to work in a orphanage in Kenya like I did last year - well, work and beach!, teaching yoga to the children there. But obviously it depends on the pregnancy.

BTW - I am teaching pregnancy yoga in Camberwell at the moment if anyone is interested.

Speak soon.

Room for one more...?

I'm due early December with my second too. My daughter will be 4 and a half by then so a bit of a bigger age gap than the rest of you so far. She's really into toddlers and babies though so we'd be well up for meeting. We're around tomorrow morning although we have just got off a flight so depends what time we wake up. Assuming we're up early, we'll head to Goose Green playground and hopefully catch up with one or two of you then. Bee and Anna I'll PM you my number.

Really glad this thread has come about - the more support the better.

Lovely meeting Emma and B today (and of course toddlers).

We're away now until next Sunday 31st so have a good week and hopefully meet up again in Aug... It'd be nice to have a park/ picnic gathering if summer ever arrives!

It's so reassuring to meet other mum's to be who are going through this all again!!

Anna

Yes, it was lovely meeting you and the little ones in the park this morning.

If there are other winter baby mums out there who already have a 2 1/2 + (ish), please PM me with your email address.

Anna, enjoy your break and see you when you are back.

B

Hi ladies,

I see there doesn't seem to be any first time Mums-to-be on this thread yet! I am due on Jan 23rd at this stage with my first child, and was hoping to link up with some newbie Mums and some of you more experienced mamas as well. Would be good to get more gals on here.

Look forward to following the thread,

N

Hi all,

N, I am a first time mum to be too. I am due around the 18th of February (nearly 10 weeks, so early days for me). I am keen to link up with some newbie's and experienced mothers. I am going to stay away for another couple of weeks until my scan as I feel it's early day's still for me. So I'll see you all on here in a few weeks time. Cross fingers for me.

S

Hi all,

I'm also a first timer - due on 3rd February. Glad there are some other newbies, although I'm sure having advice from those who have been through all this before will be so useful!

Congratulations and looking forward to following everyone's progress!

Elli

I'm a first timer, due at the end of Feb. I have to say its all a bit strange for me as I've not had my scan yet, so I don but would definitely be up for a meet after then. Like millymoo, I'll be back in a few weeks.

Congrats everyone!

It's time for me to emerge from the haze of early pregnancy worries and morning sickness - having had my scan this morning I'm pleased to announce that I have baby #3 (eeeeeeek!) due in January. My son is 4.5 (about to start reception) and my daughter is 3 (about to start school nursery 5 mornings a week), so I'm looking forward to actually having some time to enjoy being pregnant and having a newborn - not like last time when I had a 16.5 month age gap to deal with.

Looking forward to meeting up with others, we seem to have a nice mix so far of first time Mums and 2nd timers (am I the only one crazy enough to be having a 3rd?!).

I'm due 31st January, but due to past pregnancy complications am likely to be induced at 37 weeks.

Pippa x