What is your pick of double strollers for 2 under 2?

Ah. One of my favourite subjects!!

What is your age gap? Budget? Do you drive/bus/walk a lot? How big is your house? So much to consider!

The p&t are good to a point - but there are other options and there are some considerable cons to them.

No time to go into too much detail atm - but look at http://www.bestbuggy.co.uk/ and http://community.babycentre.co.uk/groups/a3859035/the_doubletriple_or_more_buggy_review_board

I have an explorer but thinking about changing it....

Hi Snowboarder!

Age gap under 20months, budget - under ?300 would be nice - Moving to Australia in August, so be driving mostly. House is pretty big.

I will check out those Buggy Review website - but what were you thinking of changing your P&T to?

xx

snowboarder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ah. One of my favourite subjects!!

>

> What is your age gap? Budget? Do you

> drive/bus/walk a lot? How big is your house? So

> much to consider!

>

> The p&t are good to a point - but there are other

> options and there are some considerable cons to

> them.

>

> No time to go into too much detail atm - but look

> at http://www.bestbuggy.co.uk/ and

> http://community.babycentre.co.uk/groups/a3859035/

> the_doubletriple_or_more_buggy_review_board

>

> I have an explorer but thinking about changing

> it....

I'm in love with the Mountain Buggy too!

Just saw on a website, it's ?580 - Available late July....

nylonmeals Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That Mountain Buggy one looks fab - wonder how ???

> it will be? Like the totally flat attachment for

> the newborn

I've got the P&T Vibe 2, it's easy to push, can be pushed one handed etc and generally I like it, cons are it's awkward to manouvre in small spaces and a bit heavy, although lighter and easier to manoeuvre than the other P&T's I tried.

I have several problems with the phil and teds - they can be too small for toddlers, but with 20m age gap you wouldn't find that. I think the hoods are generally a bit rubbish and flap around, and I am currently having an issue that my 4m old is too big for the cocoon/underneath bit, but not really ready to sit up. And once the buggy is set up as 2 seats, neither seat reclines (much - the back seat on some models can do a little but not on the explorer) so if you want buggy sleep its not massively comfortable. There is a bit of an issue with explorer hoods in particular atm but they are hopefully improving that. The new p&t verve has a reclining back seat but is pricey.

The britax b dual is based on the phil and teds one up one down concept but has more seat configuration options - people seem to rate it - and you can get good deals on it.

The new mountain buggy looks great and I really want one! Side by side I think are better in terms of comfort for both children but obv they do tend to take up more space and they don't have so much 'growth' I suppose in terms of not being able to use as a single - so when toddler is out of buggy they are not really necessary. However my eldest is nearly 27m and I can see us using the double for some time yet - we do a lot of walking to the parks etc and would never get there/get run over if he walked!!

We have the p&t as our walking buggy, and then a bugaboo bee for the car which the car seat can clip into and has a buggy board on it - good for nursery drop off (have to walk down long track) and driving to the park - when you don't need the big double and toddler will mostly be walking/scooting.

I clearly spend too much time thinking about all of this!!

The Mountain Buggy is brilliant- so easy to push and manoeuvre, quick and painless to fold and unfold and they really don't take up much space when folded up. Also really like the fact that seats lie all the way back. Mountain Buggies are made in New Zealand so cheaper to buy in Australia- for instance the new duet is $749, which is currently ?493, as opposed to the ?580 it costs here.

• 3 months later...

My friend just said to me 'there is no perect buggy' and I feel like we should know... between us, we have had 10 in 2 years!!! I've been making do with P&T e3 with dash reclining double seat since my 2nd was born 10 months ago, but there are lots of things that irritate me about it... I've had 4 popped tyres, the change bag situation annoys me as I like to be prepared for every eventuality (even harder with toddler potty training) and there's just not enough space in the basket below for everything I need without it ending up dragging on the floor and ruining the fabric! And with two at different ages, making them comfortable sleeping at different times of the day is difficult. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great buggy, but it's not perfect... which brings me onto the new Mountain Buggy Duet... I think I might have to have one... I have a few concerns, am hoping u guys can help! (snowboarder... u seem to be resident buggy guru!)

1. Have you been on the bus with it? Was it easy?

2. Does it feel heavy? I'd read it is 14kg, but I've only ever had an old Maclaren sidebyside so im not sure how the weight feels as opposed to a tandem. My Mother in Law will be using it 3 times a week, so it's important that she is able to push it. She hates the P&T.

I really want to be sure I'm getting the right buggy for us this time as I'm going to have to sell my stash to pay for it! I'd been considering the baby jogger mini and it may still be an option, so any comments on that one relating to the two points above would also be appreciated!!

Thanks all in advance.

Oh yes - I have the duet!! It's pretty good - but as you have said - there is no perfect buggy!

To answer your queries - yes I have been on a bus with it - it is fine and there is room for you and another buggy BUT the driver does need to let you on the back doors really - tricky otherwise. And it feels AMAZINGLY light - both pushing and up kerbs - but I never fold it/put in car etc and I think it is heavy then.

I def prefer it to my phil and teds for now - both seats can recline and my baby is much happier. My points of caution are that the seats are not the most generous (obv!) but my chunky 2.5 yr old is fine in it. ALso the toddler fusses about with the baby and sometimes stops him sleeping - that's annoying! I am also thinking that really it's only going to last me until next spring or so as my 2.5 yr old is keen on walking - I expect I'll get the p&t out again then so can use as a single with older one hopping in and out - so I suppose think about how long you're actually going to need a full time double for. I have to keep the maclaren on hand for single trips, which I suppose not so necessary with the p&t.

Not used the baby jogger double (have had a single though and fab) - it's supposed to be good but wider than the mountain buggy though - so not sure about buses.

Hope that helps. Happy to engineer a meet or sthg if you want to have a play with mine!